Rhode Island Babies
Options

Center for OB/GYN on Promenade in Providence

Hi everyone! I don't like the doctor they assigned me to at the Center for OB/GYN at all. Before I met her, the staff would say "oh she's wonderful" about this doctor. She is cold and so unfriendly. I am going to ask that they switch my doctor when I go in next week for my anatomy ultrasound. Who do you recommend I ask to be switched to? I want someone that is great at what they do...someone who is friendly....someone that does not keep my guessing at what to expect from the performance when I go into labor. I want to have peace of mind.

Also...I ran into a nice woman today that was telling me she prefers South County Hospital and Caring for Women over Women's and Infants Hospital. I don't know much about Rhode Island because I just moved here in September from NJ. I am so confused as to where to go. I want a great OB/GYN and a great experience for a hospital. This is my 3rd pregnancy and my prior deliveries were back home. 

Re: Center for OB/GYN on Promenade in Providence

• Options
    Hi, I go to the Center for OB and see Dr. Sharpe and I love her.  I've also heard good things about Dr. Boyle.
  • Options
    Dr.Connolly  is great!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see Dr. Salak at Center for OBGYN I love her.  She is really nice and does not rush the appointments.  Unfortunately sometimes you wai for a while to see her.  I was going to caring for women (a looooong time ago)  I had a horrible experience there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    i use dr saint aubin at center fo obgyn and so far everything has been great theyre very friendly over there and always on call! i will however be seeing dr connelly on the 6th for some reason?.. idk .. i really like it there though...who is your current doctor that you arent feeling great about??
  • Options
    i have been going to dr boyle 4 the past 13 years & like her alot but i did meet with the mid-wife once tina & she was amazing good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also recently moved out of state so I know your dilemma. I'm currently seeing Dr St Aubin and so far so good no complaints,The only thing that I hate about the office is that they're always running late.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm curious who you're seeing.  I see Dr. Wiggins at Center for OB/GYN, and I absolutely love her.  Sometimes you do wait a while for your appointment, but I think that applies to the whole practice, and not just her.

This week, I'm actually seeing a midwife named Kiersten there for my 20 week appointment, just to mix it up a little and see what the difference is.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I see Tina a Midwife at the Center! I love her, I've been seeing her since my previous Midwife left for medical reasons, and I could no longer get into see Dr. Boyle, who by the way was wonderful. Tina makes me feel at ease and even my boyfriend liked her the first time he met her. We had an issue that made us both a little nervous but Tina reassured us and really counsled us through the issue. I truly would recommend her to anyone. I am however scheduled to see Jen another Midwife at Center next week since Tina is on vacation. I'll let you know how she is after the 22nd!

Good Luck to you, and I'm so sorry to hear of your impersonal & rushed experiance at the Center!

• Options

I haven't seen her for this pregnancy yet but dr Jurcyzak filled in for one of my yearly check ups a while back and I remember liking her a lot.  When I called yesterday, that's who they randomly assigned me to. 

I was thinking about going the midwife route though, I don't know.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm late here, but wanted to say I really appreciate the feedback on Center for OB/GYN!! I have my 7-week ultrasound coming up and feel so good knowing that I picked a place so many women really seem to love. I moved here from NJ a couple of months ago, just like the original poster, and this is my first baby, so I'm doing EVERYTHING for the first time :)
  • Options
    I have met with Dr. Boyle, Dr. Connoly, and Jennifer Sunderland (midwife) at Ctr for OBGYN.  All of these women were compassionate and brilliant.  You picked a good place :)
  • Options
    I also see Tina. She's very nice but the only issue I've had so far is the practice doesnt deliver in the ABC area of W&I which was what I originally wanted to do.
    Lilypie - Personal picture
  • Options
    imageLilRhodyMomma:

I see Tina a Midwife at the Center! I love her, I've been seeing her since my previous Midwife left for medical reasons, and I could no longer get into see Dr. Boyle, who by the way was wonderful. Tina makes me feel at ease and even my boyfriend liked her the first time he met her. We had an issue that made us both a little nervous but Tina reassured us and really counsled us through the issue. I truly would recommend her to anyone. I am however scheduled to see Jen another Midwife at Center next week since Tina is on vacation. I'll let you know how she is after the 22nd!

Good Luck to you, and I'm so sorry to hear of your impersonal & rushed experiance at the Center!

I see Tina as well and love her!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    See their obgyn nurse practitioner Bethany Goldberg! She sees both gyn and prenatal patients. 
  • Options
    Dr Wiggins delivered my twins! she was amazing the entire pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"