LGBT Parenting

}i{ Healthy Living Check-In }i{

I need to accept that I can't just throw random stuff into my blender and call it a smoothie and expect it to be delicious. I mean it's OK, but I'm not very enthusiastic about them because they inevitably taste just OK and then I go back to eating an English muffin for breakfast. There are so many recipes for healthy smoothies, including in cookbooks I already own. Duh. Use a recipe, lady!

How is this week going? What's your favorite healthy dish to order when you're eating out?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: }i{ Healthy Living Check-In }i{

• I'm doing alright this week, my eating has been okay except for the ice cream sandwich and two lemon frosted soft sugar cookies I had last night.  I haven't weighed myself this week, haven't felt the need to, there are more important things going on.

My favorite healthy dish to order is the crispy shiitake mushrooms at Happy Family, a local vegetarian/vegan restaurant.  The mushroom strips have a chewy texture and are covered in this delicious sweet/savory sauce, they are sooo good.

• Sigh...I'm doing well on weight loss, but for not so great reasons.  I'm definitely experiencing increased anxiety (always a problem for me) and a little bit of depression (a problem in the distant past, not excited about revisiting that), and it has been killing my appetite.  I basically just forget to eat.  Not healthy at all.

I've been trying to make myself smoothies filled with lots of good stuff so that I'm at least getting nutrients.  And I haven't been losing more than 2 lbs a week, so I'm still in the okay zone.  I just really need to get out of this funk.

I actually really love dinner salads and will happily order them most of the time when we go out.  The only trick is watching what is in them and that they actually qualify as "healthy".  The ones at big chain restaurants are almost always loaded with fatty, caloric stuff.  I end up being the one who's like "chicken fiesta salad, half portion, no tortilla strips, no cheese, dressing on the side". 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm doing well.  2wws motivate me to be a super eater, so I'm a fruit and veggie addict right now.  I haven't been working out due to being sick, but I'll head back on Saturday.  Not really sure what my weight is.

There's a seafood place near us that sometimes has a beer-steamed shrimp appetizer.  It's really good, small, sweet shrimp steamed with beer and Old Bay, onions and lemons.  I order a salad and make it a meal.  I love it, even though I'm not a huge shrimp fan.  I think I just like Old Bay and beer. :)

Although since we try not to eat out often and it's ridiculously easy to steam shrimp, we started making this at home instead and it tastes exactly the same.  Which means now it's not really an eating-out dish.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"