Health & Exercise

Tightening Up!!

Okay, I am sick of reading about how it's impossible to get rid of the pouch and how our stomach will never look good again... It's really depressing...

I hit my 6wk mark and started working out again - it feels great.

Has anyone had any success tightening their stretched out tummy? How long did it take you? Any tips. I can't wait to look good again, I didn't embrace the preggy body :(

Re: Tightening Up!!

• I am right there with you having a hard time myself embracing the prego body. But it gives me faith my best friend had a baby in July and she looks fabulous and she gained way more than I plan on gaining. She had all her weight off in 4 months and had her stomach back now at 7 months and she had a c section. It can be done with hard work and diet. She looks better than she did before the baby! 

High protein... shoot for 100 grams a day.

Protein shakes

lean meat

eggs

Greek Yogurt  

It helps you cut out other things if you focus on protein. Cut out carbs from dinner as well.  

Just like the baby is on a schedule for eating put yourself on schedule to eat something every 3 hours. It will drive your metabolism through the roof.

Start taking omega 3 and L carnitine to help loose belly fat too. They are just vitamins that are recommend to help loose belly.

My only other advice that she gave me was try to be patient with yourself. If you stick to it, it will come off.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your not the only one... 

Ditto with Kwood2011!  Keep in mind it took 9 months to have a baby and it will take about that to gain it back.  I'm 9weeks PP and my belly is gettin on my nerves but I feel it getting smaller and smaller everyday. 

Also keep in mind if your nursing you'll keep a little "thunder" until LO is weaned.  I keep an extra 5 pounds and just a little flab until weaning I guess it's our bodys way of insuring milk supply plus your hormones are still in overdirve meeting the demands of a nursing baby.

• Loading the player...
  • Don't lose heart. My advice is to eat clean and workout consistently. I was down to my pre-p weight at 7 months, and had my stomach back at 12 months. The only thing I have noticed is that there is a little loose skin, but I only notice that when I am doing something like planks and gravity is working against me.
  • I gained a TON of weight when i was pregnant and i just got back to my pre preg weight a couple weeks ago, 11 months pp.  Even though i am back to pre preg weight, i still need to tighten up midsection.  i still have pelvic issues so i can't do much as far as ab workout, pretty much just planks.  I workout 4 days a week and eat right, I eat clean 5 days a week and cheat 2 days a week, protein shakes, vitamins, green tea supplements.  Even without doing much ab work I have been able to loose 7 inches mid section:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YES!  I am only 2 weeks post delivery but the jelly belly is really starting to get to me... I TOTALLY did not embrace the pregnancy body... mostly the thighs, butt, etc... the belly never bothered me ~ until now. (I had to have emergency c section)

Now I look in the mirror and just see PUFF everywhere ... face, arms, legs, ugh... 

I hate to sound so vain ~ but, I worked very hard for my pre baby body and now nearing 40... I am SO afraid I will never have it back again

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"