Oregon Babies
Options

Women's Healthcare Associates Midwives

Does anyone have a recommendation for a great midwife at WHA?  I'm reading some great reviews on their practice, but they have soooo many OB's and Midwives to choose from!  I guess if they're all good I should just call and have them assign me to one. If it helps, I'll be going to St. Vincent's.  Please tell me your favorites if you have any.  Thanks!!

Re: Women's Healthcare Associates Midwives

• Options
    I didn't see her for too long, but loved Helen Welch.  Part of it was because I loved her accent. lol
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imageAngelcake:
    I didn't see her for too long, but loved Helen Welch.  Part of it was because I loved her accent. lol

Yep, me too. I adored her. My MW was actually Mary Lewis-Rott and she was nice too, but if I had met Helen prior I would have chosen her. All the MWs I saw at Peterkort South were fantastic except Jabke. I got no connection with her and just felt as if she wasn't as caring as the others. Helen, Mary and Kate are my favorites. If you end up having to see an OB for any reason, Dr. Damon Warhus is the best! I do not like male doctors, but he is one of the greatest doctors I've ever seen. Great guy. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They are all wonderful, but I see Helen Welch CNM also!  She is a gem. 
  • Options

By the way - I am so glad you posted your question so that you could get the kind of care you wanted to begin with!!! Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and great delivery! ;)

And welcome to Hillsboro! It's an adjustment but after 3 years we are really starting to love the community out here. 

• Options

I've mostly only seen Dr Warhus for all of my needs/pregnancies, but I did see Natalie Jacobson-Dunlop twice in my last pregnancy and she was really nice.  I've also seen Dr. Katie Fitzpatrick twice in this pregnancy and she's super great!

Stay far away from Dr. Hoffman if you can, he delivered my 1st baby and was a giant jerk!

Dr. Warhus is the most awesome doctor ever.  He's very laid back and low key.  He lets you know what he "prefers" his pregnant moms to do, but really lets you guide how your care goes.  The only thing he ever "insisted" I do was get a flu shot, glucose test & gbs test.  Everything else was pretty much up to me..  He wouldn't even induce until I was 9 days late at the earliest! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies, you're all so awesome and I really appreciate all the advice!!  I'm happy to say I have my first two appointments made and I'll be seeing Christine Barlow Reed, CNM, MSN (not sure what MSN stands for).  I'm so excited to see a midwife this time around.  Now to get moved in a little over two weeks, ugh! Nesting should be fun in a new place at least! 
  • Options

imagePreggieToots:
    Thank you so much ladies, you're all so awesome and I really appreciate all the advice!!  I'm happy to say I have my first two appointments made and I'll be seeing Christine Barlow Reed, CNM, MSN (not sure what MSN stands for).  I'm so excited to see a midwife this time around.  Now to get moved in a little over two weeks, ugh! Nesting should be fun in a new place at least! 

MSN means Master of Science in Nursing... Which means she's done a lot more schooling than regular CNM's :)  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagePreggieToots:

I have heard great things about Barlow as well!!  Congrats! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    My midwife is Mary Lewis-rott but all of them there are great. You really cant go wrong with any of them. But her and Kate are my fave.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I usually lurk around here but I used WHC as well.. My main midwife was Lindsey Geunes and she was great at first, but if I had to do it all over again I would definitely pick Helen. The couple of times we saw her she was the best!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"