Two Under 2
Options

Contour Options Tandem stroller

Anyone have it? How do you like it? Ive been seriously considering the city select with extra seat, but I just came across this one when searching for something else compatible with a peg perego infant seat. It's not AS nice, but wow is the price nicer!

SSorry if this has been asked a million times already, but you know how the search works :)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Contour Options Tandem stroller

• Options

Pros: Tons of room. Different configurations. Steers easily.

Cons: Heavy. Huge. Have to take seats off to store it.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options

my long reply to the same question is here!

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/62975950.aspx 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options

I have the Contour Options II Tandem.

I love it. Tons of storage space in the basket. The seats can face 6 different ways. It fits a chicco car seat (which was hard to find), and is really easy to steer - especially in the mall! It folds up to the size of a single stroller and fits perfectly in the back of my 2010 Pilot. The seats recline on a pivot system instead of the whole back going down. I like the pivot system better.

It is a bit on the heavy side, but what double isn't? You also have to remove the seats to fold it up, but I have gotten used to this and it doesn't take longer than a minute to take off/put on the seats. It makes for more compact storage this way.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have the Contours Optima.  I would have loved the Select but it just wasn't in the budget.  The contours Optima is about 10 lbs less than the Options.  I haven't used it yet to give a review.  It did maneuver nicely in the store.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagehheyderh:
    We have the Contours Optima.  I would have loved the Select but it just wasn't in the budget.  The contours Optima is about 10 lbs less than the Options.  I haven't used it yet to give a review.  It did maneuver nicely in the store.

I just realized that (10lbs lighter) while researching last night, so the Optima is the current front runner. I kept trying to justify spending $700+ on the Select, but it's just so much $$. I'm going to try finding it in a store so I can try it out in person first. 

• Options

I love my Options it takes getting used to folding it up but its an amazing stroller and comfortable for both kids i have a one and a two year old and they love facing each other

BabyName Ticker
  • Options

For the first 6 months it was great for running errands.  Especially if the baby was asleep since his carseat (britex chaperone) fir well.  It did get really old having to take the seats on and off all the time and it is really heavy to lift in and out of the car.  We have a pilot and it fit in the back fine but took up the whole back of the car (seats down).  I often used our maclaren single stroller for my toddler and wore my infant in my ergo or ring sling too.  Sometimes that was easier than taking the stroller out.

Now that the baby is 7 months and can sit well we have a double maclaren and it is perfect!  It fits through all doorways and  is soooo light and easy.  it fits in the back of my pilot even with the seats up!

We are keeping the BIG Contour Options only b/c the carseat doesn't fit on the maclaren double. Initially I didn't want a side by side, but that one is great so far.  There would pretty much be impossible for me to travel/ fly with the contour options.  That is the main reason why we went ahead and got the double maclaren.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"