Blended Families
Options

Intro- so glad you're all here!

I am just de-lurking to introduce myself and say that just reading posts has been so helpful. I have a 6 year old SD whose mother is, to put it kindly, unwell and unstable. I am only 5 weeks along but I get anxious about what sort of crazy stuff she may pull when she finds out that I am pregnant and her child will have a sibling. 

Right now all I can do is boundaries...believe it or not I have never met BM! I adore my SD and stay out of it as much as I can...but knowing others have issues with this is very reassuring. Thanks! 

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies

Re: Intro- so glad you're all here!

• Options
    I should add, my biggest fear is BM trying to get in the way of the arrival of my new child, either by not letting SD spend time at birth or by making really unreasonable demands at innappropriate times (she already tried to keep SD from our wedding but we ended up eloping anyway)
    imageimageBabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

welcome! we are also hiding this pregnancy from BM for a while, we haven't told SD yet because we don't want her telling her mother.  we're in the middle of a court battle in which BM is demanding more money from us.  we really don't have any more money to give her, but if she finds out were expecting she may see it otherwise (in reality, this is our second child and we already have everything we need bc our DS is so young still)

good for you for staying out of the BM dramafest, remain as neutral as possible to your skid(s) and let DH handle BM. 

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"