Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Pep Talk? Coping?

I swore I wasn't going to be "that girl."  

I've convinced myself I'm out this cycle, and I'm so bummed. I know that what I'm feeling could certainly be pregnancy, but I'm positive it's just PMS--some cramping, some nausea, sore boobs.  I was feeling so positive all of last week--I did everything "right" this cycle, and I was feeling really in control of the process.  There's no reason for me to be fatalistic, but I am.

I know some things are better this cycle--no spotting so far at 9DPO, which is a big thing for me (I usually start spotting at 8DPO, or earlier).  My temps are still up.  I know what to look for now.  But I can't help but feel a huge pit of disappointment.  I know that I'm not out for sure until AF appears, but that doesn't make me feel much better right now, even though it should.

I'm only in cycle 5, and I realize I could have months of this ahead of me.  What do you do to help you cope with the disappointment?  

Thanks, girls.  Sorry to be Debbie Downer so early in the morning!  Just ignore me--this too shall pass. 

Re: Pep Talk? Coping?

• Options

Just look at that DS of yours and be thankful it was easy with him! I know it sounds cheesy but as someone who has been at this a while with none, that would make me feel a heck of a lot better!

Don't count yourself out yet. It's still early. GL with everything!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hear ya, girl!  I am kind of in the same boat, except I have started spotting (my usual is 7 DPO)-so I had spotting yesterday and this morning-blah!  This morning; however, I had my highest temp ever (98.8--previously my highest temp was 98.6), so I'm still hopeful.  I have no other symptoms. 

It is hard to stay positive--for me, it is hard because I feel the looming disappointment just around the bend, but I still know I'm not out until my period comes. 

Just thought I'd commiserate with you!  I hope your day turns around-FX that you get your BFP this cycle!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Morning, urb! I don't have any magical coping remedies, but I know what you mean about just having a feeling about your cycle being in the pooper. Your chart still looks pretty, though! Hang in there. Sending you a hug from here to there! ((hug))
  • Options
    Hang in there-you aren't officially out till AF shows! In terms of coping, I'm still figuring out how to do that too! I do find that staying busy definitely helps-try not to think about it.
    Anniversary
    My Food Blog
    DH and I: Both 31
    HSG, bloodwork, SA-possible blockage in right tube Continue TI July 2012 August 2012: Clomid 50mg + TI=bfn, switched RE September 2012: Redo HSG-blockage in right tube confirmed November 2012: Clomid 25mg, Bravelle + Trigger + IUI= ectopic pregnancy December 2012: emergency laparoscopy and D&C, removed right tube 2 more IUI's-one bfn, one CP IVF #1=CP FET#1=BFN IVF#2-converted to FET due to PGS testing and high progesterone levels. Only one good embryo from PGS-didn't survive thaw. transferred 2 embryos from IVF #1=BFP! 2 yolks sacs seen at 5w4d sonogram!
  • Options
    I know where you are coming from, i felt the same way TTC DD, and I probably will this time around too. Just try to stay busy with other things to keep your mind off of it and try to enjoy the time you have left with just one LO.  Easier said than done, I know. I think what you are feeling is normal and we are always here to listen
  • Options
    So sorry you're feeling down :(  I'm in the same boat.  BFN at 14DPO this morning...just waiting for AF to show up today and I hope she does come today instead of a few days from now.  I'm sure she's coming and just want it to happen already so we can move on to the next cycle.  It will happen for you - keep your chin up!
  • Options
    I think you've got a pretty good-looking chart if you ask me. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Hang in there Sweetie.....I do believe the phrase is "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" right??  ::Hugs::
    party-fails-crunk-critters-bruce-isnt-good-with-tequila
    see more After 12
    Just because something isn't happening for you right now doesn't mean it will never happen.
    IUI #1 - BFN IUI #2 - BFN
    IVF - Starting injects May 25 IVF #1 - BFP!
  • Options
    Hang in there! It's easy to get discouraged. I'm often guilty of getting down in the dumps and thinking that it's NEVER going to happen. I just keep reminding myself that it can take years for even the perfect couple, and I'm going to keep on trying and enjoying the process. Best of luck!!
    Me- 35 Dx endo; DH- 33 no probs.
    BFP#1 (totally a wonderful surprise)- 3/10/11. IUFD 6/25/11. 
    TTC since 8/2011.
    BFP#2- 11/1/11. EDD 7/6/12. Blighted ovum 12/1/11.

New OBGYN 12/2012- CD3 labs, SA, HSG normal. 
    First RE appt 1/16/2013. Unexplained infertility. Lap planned. 

12/2012- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN 
    1/2013- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN.

Lap 2/11/2013- Removed endo. 

3/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    4/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    5/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN

June 2013- Time for a new RE!

July 2013- We're in Shared Risk! Love my new RE!
    August 2013- IVF#1- 14 R, 11F, transferred 1 perfect blast, 5 day 5 frosties= BFN.
    Sept 2013- Let's get ready for FET October 7th ish!< transfer 2 embies 10/11/13.......BFP 10/18/13!!!!/div>

PAIF/SAIF and everyone is welcome. If I can make even one person's journey less painful, I will consider my experience here successful. Thank you to all for sharing their stories, the intimate details of their lives, their knowledge, and their hearts. I hope this experience changes me, always for the better.
  • Options

Funny thing is I have no idea how I cope.  I just do.  I let myself go through the range of emotions.  Cycle starts out I'm sad, then I'm mad, then I start getting more hopeful, then I'm excited, then I start going back down.  Second week of 2ww I start to lose hope and start to feel out which I now think is a defense mechanism so I'm prepared for a BFN.  This is the 9th 2ww for me and I'm actually a lot calmer about it then any other month - but I don't know why so can't really offer any advice other than go through the emotions and as PP said HANG IN THERE!!!

PS I responded to your PM couple days ago.  Thank you!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • Options
    I did the exact same thing this cycle. Just remember that you aren't out until AF gets here and that the extra stress is only going to mess with you even more! You did this once, you can do it again :) I really hope you get your BFP, the waiting is torture!!!
  • Options

Awe Urban I wish I had some magical, special, awesome thing to say, but I don't.

I understand about feeling like the cycle is in the crapper, but you have a beautiful LO and hopefully soon you will get to have that addition.

I tend to lean on my faith, I know God's got it, I thought I was totally out, with hubby having high blood pressure and being told may be a factor as to why not ku yet, and then I thought I had not o'd yet and he is been not feeling well past couple of days so no humpin for us.So I gave up on this cycle, joined the gym and was keeping it moving.  But got crosshairs this morning I o'd on monday.  So you just never know. FX for you stay encouraged, there are people tht have been trying a lot longer than us, with no children.

Big Smile

Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• Options

You girls are the best.  THE BEST.  Like rays of sunshine, seriously.  I'm taking everything to heart--to lean on my faith, and to have faith.  To cherish my gorgeous kid and my wonderful husband.  And above all, just to keep my chin up.  I never expected such an outpouring of kind words--thanks so much, everyone.

And MrsKitton, you are SO RIGHT, and I should heed my own words.  ..."It ain't over til the fat lady sings!"

I'm heading into the rest of this week with a lighter heart, so thank you. 

• Options

I don't have good advice for dealing with being disappoint each month. We have only been TTC for 4 months and I totally took a temping break this month (work related crazy schedules). 

What I would do - Do something nice for yourself today! Take advantage of pampering yourself and get your mind in a better head space. Don't let it get you down =)

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."- Aristotle

image TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Ultimate Holiday Gift Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"