TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for all of the advice ladies... I called my dr and told him about all my wonky cycles and he wants me to come in on friday to do some blood work and see whats next.

Im scared and glad to maybe get some answers eventually. 

I have some questions though... What kind of testing would the do? just blood tests at first?  Our insurance really sucks so I am nervous about the costs of everything.  Also if for some reason they did decide to do chlomid at some point in this does anyone know how much a monitored chlomid cycle would cost?

thank you again ladies I was really freaking out 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you so much!

• Options

I am glad you are able to get some more testing done. At my RE's, an OOP monitored Clomid cycle costs $800 per cycle.This covers your office visits, ultrasounds, and blood work. A Clomid + IUI cycle costs $1500 per cycle and includes 2 IUI?S with sperm washing.

Good luck with everything! Keep us posted!

BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagebluebonnetmeg:

I am glad you are able to get some more testing done. At my RE's, an OOP monitored Clomid cycle costs $800 per cycle.This covers your office visits, ultrasounds, and blood work. A Clomid + IUI cycle costs $1500 per cycle and includes 2 IUI?S with sperm washing.

Good luck with everything! Keep us posted!

Thank you!  

Do you have to go to an RE for these things or can an OB do them himself?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck!!  They started my testing w/ blood work to check hormone levels (at my OB), and then my RE also did b/w as well as a saline sono to check my tubes and an SA for DH.  As far as clomid, it's fairly inexpensive, but I think it depends on how much the appts and u/s will be at your doc (sorry thats not very helpful I know).

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options

I'm glad you're able to get an appointment.  GL with your testing.  I would assume it'll be just blood tests at first, CD3/CD 21 (or 7DPO bloodwork) and possibly a few others like prolactin/thyroid.  I hope you're able to come up with a great plan!

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options

Unless you're 7dpo or early in your cycle (2-4), I'm not sure what b/w they will do.  I would ask them before hand because if they're going to run CD 3 b/w on CD 6, the results will not be valid (that I know of) and you'll waste money, IMO.

For clomid, it depends on your insurance.  I do have good insurance but as you can imagine, I was still shocked to find out my u/s's were covered.  They cover all diagnostics, even for an IF code and an u/s is diagnostic.  Many insurances cover diagnostic procedures, so I will keep my Fx that yours does!  

Without insurance I estimated my trigger, clomid and 3 u/s's (1 baseline, 2 follie checks- which you may not need 2 later on in your cycle or you could need more), about $650.  That would be if everything was OOP (u/s's, meds), except the actual appointment itself.   

Best of luck tomorrow!!  

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options

Thanks again everyone, I was not very clear he is going to do some bloodwork to see if I ovulated yet since I am on Cd 42 and still no AF. then we will discuss possible other testing and what int he heck we should do.

My insurance does really stink its $2400 OOP and then they pay 80% of ALMOST everything else... It just stinks because last year we had FINALLY reached our deductible and we have not yet this year... But ITs all doable if it can help us have a baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"