Georgia Babies
Options

In need of new dinner ideas

So I feel like I'm in a rut when it comes to cooking.  DH travels quite a bit during the week so if it's just me and MJD, I end up just whiping something up.  What are some of your favorite dinner recipes, I would love to add something to my oh so boring menu! :)

TIA!

Re: In need of new dinner ideas

• Options

i am on my own a lot too, but i love cooking so we end up with leftovers. i do batches of turkey meatballs (with spinach and parm in them) and freeze them for subs or pasta. if i make crock pot soup i always stash some in the freezer for lazy nights. some current favs:

meatloaf, tiny taters with basil, and carrots with butter and brown sugar

crock pot black bean soup with french bread (sooooo easy and good)

easy chicken pot pie

golden bowl from the grit restaurant in athens (reheats really well)

olive tapenade and feta burgers 

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Pinterest is my go-to for new recipes.  I can nearly ALWAYS find something on there that looks good.  My newest dinner idea (actually from my aunt) is a veggie pizza.  We get a frozen pizza (a white pizza is a family favorite, but any will work).  Saute some onion, bell pepper, onion, and garlic.  Put some raw baby spinach on the top of the pizza (or you could add it to the the saute mixture) and then top it with some of the sauteed veggies.  Bake it in the oven as directed, adding a few minutes to account for the veggies.  It's YUM.  I usually make double the veggies and add the spinach into it while it's cooking, then add it into a pre-baked pie crust.  Whip up 4 eggs with a little milk, pour on top of the veggies, top with cheese, and bake once the pizza comes out.  Yummy quiche for lunch the next day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You might want to try a website like e-mealz.com. They make weekly menues based on sale items and you can pick the store you normaly shop from, if you have diet preferences AND how many people you are serving. I've found it super helpful and we are trying all kinds of new things.
    Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"