Georgia Babies

ImagineIT Children's Museum

I've never been before, but my play group was thinking about going tomorrow. There will be a 19 month old, a 17 month old, and 2 14 month olds.

But I'm looking at the website and it really just looks like there's the one crawling area for the under-2 set, and then the rest of it looks geared more towards the older kids. Is it worth us driving all the way down there (30-45 mins probably) and paying the admission for this, do you think? Or should I push to go to Catch Air or something instead?

Re: ImagineIT Children's Museum

• With kids that small, you're guaranteed to get run over by a field trip. DH took DD there when she was around 2 and said it was no fun. She's big for her age and still got pushed around by kids twice her size. I wouldn't do it just yet.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My 9 month old loves it.  I think there is some stuff for the smaller kids.  There is the small crawling area, but there is also an area for 4 and under that has a huge water area and tree house with slides.  There is also a big moon sand area, painting area, food area where they can pretend to shop, a few block areas, and a place to play dress up.  I think some of those would be fun for younger kids.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We've gone twice and my oldest got ran over even in the 4 and under area. They didn't enforce it either time we went. Bailey is a big kid but these kids were like 5-7 years old so much bigger then my kid.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We took E for her 1st birthday (she had been walking since 10.5 months) and it really wasn't all that fun for her. I think it is probably pretty great once they are about 2.5 or 3, but I probably wouldn't bother at this point if it is a 30 minute drive.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • We just went this morning, and even with M being almost 2, she got trampled a bit.  I got the side-eye from a few chaperones because I told the school kids to wait their turn when they pushed in front of Marlowe.  Whatever, if I expect my two year old to share and take turns, I certainly expect a 10 year old to do the same!  

We did get a bit of a reprieve when they had all the school groups sit down for a performance, too bad it was only 15 minutes long.  At the ages of your LOs though, I don't think they'd get much out of it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad to hear all the reviews! I had thought about getting a season pass so I could keep the kiddo entertained on yucky days, but it sounds like it would not be the way to go. I guess we will stick with the zoo on nice days, and Leaping Lizards on the crummy ones...
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • thanks for all the input! We did end up going to Catch Air and the kids had a lot of fun, so I guess it was the right call.
  • I forgot to add that we found out Monday is "no field trip" day, so we may try going then next time.  There were a lot of things that interested M, but the big kids definitely had the run of the place. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"