Philadelphia Babies

Anyone used The birth Center in Bryn Mawr??

Just curious to hear of any experience you may had at the Birth Center.....Thanks!!!!

Re: Anyone used The birth Center in Bryn Mawr??

• The Bryn Mawr Birth Center is a wonderful place to give birth.  I have attended births as a doula at Bryn Mawr Birth Center and the environment and staff are very supportive and provide an overall positive birth experience.
    Dona Birth Doula Prenatal and Vinyasa Yoga Instructor Childbirth Education Instructor
    Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey
  • Not personally, but I know many other women who have given birth there in the past couple years and all of them loved their experiences. They have a nice location so that if something does happen that is unexpected you are a short walk to Bryn Mawr Hospital so you can have the best of both worlds (and some peace of mind). I have heard nothing but good things.

• Loading the player...
  • Great! Thank You.
  • I've heard great things, but I ultimately decided not to use the birth center b/c you have to leave 12 hours after you give birth.  I wanted my 3 day hospital stay to recover.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am scheduled to use them for my 2nd birth in August. So far, they seem to align pretty well with my ideals (unlike the previous poster, I prefer the 4-to-12 hour window, since I don't want to lounge around a hospital without my husband for 2 days).  I'm sorry to hear about the woman who lost her baby because of the neglectful doctor, but every other story I've heard has been a good one.

One thing to consider is that, if this is your first birth, you are more likely to be transferred. They don't like to risk too much with primagravidas. 

• We had an amazing experience and would recommend it to anyone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kellibelliblue-     I am also scheduled for an August birth their too hopefully I don't get transferred. Where you transferred with your first delivery??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"