Natural Birth
Options

"metal mouth"

did anyone have this desirable pregnancy symptom?

it's been described to me as the taste of sucking on a penny. 

if you dealt with this, did anything help alleviate the taste? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "metal mouth"

• Options
    I had this with all 3 of my LOs, but only very briefly right at the beginning of the pregnancies. It was never unbearable and I didn't do anything to alleviate the taste, b/c like I said, it never lasted long. But it was just like having a mouth full of change, which is gross.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had it for a few weeks pretty bad, and nothing worked particularly well.  Eating citrus, tooth brushing, and Listerine-type mouthwash were the best things, but even so none of those things helped for more than 30-40 minutes before it came back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks ladies. 
  • Options
    I sucked on Lemonheads candies.
  • Options
    I had trouble with this especially in the first trimester. I haven't noticed it as much now that I'm in the second trimester, but I kept lozenges and mints on me. That was the only thing that seemed to "help" -- just kinda masked the taste a bit.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Yes, and I have it again. Last pregnancy I finally caved and chewed peppermint sugarfree gum nearly every waking minute. I even fell asleep with it in my mouth! Nothing else seemed to help and without the gum the metal mouth made me super gaggy.
  • Options
    I had it this pregnancy, but not the others. Nothing helped me at all. Im naming my son  Judah Steele because of the weeks I spent with metal mouth.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"