North Carolina Babies

NBR: if you can spare a prayer (searching for new job)

Hey girls.  I don't usually ask for prayers or good vibes but I really need to find a new job.  My job is pretty good and stable but the commute is terrible and with a new baby it is only going to get worst. 

I applied to two great federal jobs in Tampa which would mean we could move closer to where DH works and I would be able to keep my years of service and benefits.  I have a friend that works for one of the agencies and he is going to put a word in for me so I'm praying that something comes up soon.  So if you can spare a prayer please do so.  Thanks in advance.

Re: NBR: if you can spare a prayer (searching for new job)

• Good luck!  I know your commute has been wearing you down, I hope one of these works out for you! 
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope one of those jobs works out for you! Is it easier to get a federal job when you're already a federal employee?

• Loading the player...
  • Good Luck to you! After almost 3 months of unemployment I finally had an interview this week, and I'm kind of coming to terms with if I don't get this job, I'm going to stop looking until after Mini-Vann gets here.  I know job searching is not a fun thing to do, so my thoughts are with you!
  • imageECUGirl2004:

I hope one of those jobs works out for you! Is it easier to get a federal job when you're already a federal employee?

I always assumed this but it is actually not any easier. Sad still lots of paperwork, long wait to hear if your application was refered, and personal connections are what get you in. 

And thanks girls for the encouraging words.  I figure thoughts/prayers can only help.

• Good job vibes heading your way! I know you guys have both had super long commutes since you moved, and I can only imagine how nice it would be to shorten things up, especially with the new baby coming. Good luck with the new job!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Many thoughts and prayers for you!!
  • Fingers and toes tightly crossed for you!!
    Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sending good vibes your way! I'm a Fed employee too. If you're already in the system, that's a big advantage, as you know!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"