January 2011 Moms

Shoes

Are you buying every 1/2 size as they grow?

I had size 5 shoes from Stride Rite. When I went back in he wanted to sell me 5.5. I was like - there's no way I'll pay $55 for shoes for every half size so I got the 6. Well, today I was putting them on him again and they are just freaking HUGE! Should have gotten the 5.5 I think...

What are you all doing? 

ETA: I should add, all 5 bruises on his face were while wearing the too big shoes. The guy did tell me he was ok for the 6!!! But just the 5.5 were a little better fit. Ugh, I feel stupid now. 

Re: Shoes

• I am really no help for you.  I didnt even know they came in half sizes in shoes that small.  We just bought Kain a new pair of shoes yesterday but he fits into size 3 with some room to grow. 
    Was there much difference in the soles from 5 to 6 or anything else that could be causing him to fall? When you hold them up can you tell there is a difference between 5.5 and 6?  Does the 6 stay on good?  I think I would have skipped and gone to 6 as well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No, I'm not buying 1/2 sizes.  I've already put some 5's on her, 4's fit but they are getting close.  The 5's were a little big and she seemed to walk weird.  Hopefully she'll figure it out.

Once he gets used to them I don't think it would be an issue.

• Loading the player...
  • FIFTY FIVE DOLLARS?! Is that seriously how much Stride Rite shoes cost? That's insane. I just bought DD a pair from Old Navy for $6. Her Carter's shoes were $8. To answer the question - yes, I buy her new shoes for every size. But, I don't spend $55. I don't even spend that much on my own shoes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know if I always will Just went from 5.5 to 6. Maybe you could try and find and outlet store. I think they have the same shoes but a lot cheaper..?
  • I have never bought 1/2 sizes. and 55 dollars!! *faints*

• imageSweetHurricane:
    FIFTY FIVE DOLLARS?! Is that seriously how much Stride Rite shoes cost? That's insane. I just bought DD a pair from Old Navy for $6. Her Carter's shoes were $8. To answer the question - yes, I buy her new shoes for every size. But, I don't spend $55. I don't even spend that much on my own shoes.
    QFT, all of it, except for the actual question... but then I haven't seen half sizes at Target for $10, so I've just been doing whole sizes.  I think this may change, but her feet are still way, way tiny.  She fits her size 3 ugg knockoffs perfectly, and her size 4 dress shoes are huge.
  • I just recently bought a half size because without socks he was almost the next size so I factored in the socks and got the half. I also have bought one size bigger in shoes so I have it so when he grows into it. 

I spend anywhere between 12-45 dollars. He has a lot of shoes, I have an obsession. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've only bought two pairs, one when I was pregnant (red converse all stars I had to have) and H bought her some adidas for her birthday that are still a size too big (but we put them on her anyway).  We get hand me downs from one of my good friends and she has mainly worn those.  I can't afford to buy half sizes of really good shoes, but I do think the ones that are too big are hindering her wanting to walk (she is still only doing 7-8 steps tops).  So I bought her some $10 garanimals (they are so cheesey, lol) at Walmart to get her through til the adidas fit better. 
  • imagebroccolitree:
    imageSweetHurricane:
    FIFTY FIVE DOLLARS?! Is that seriously how much Stride Rite shoes cost? That's insane. I just bought DD a pair from Old Navy for $6. Her Carter's shoes were $8. To answer the question - yes, I buy her new shoes for every size. But, I don't spend $55. I don't even spend that much on my own shoes.
    QFT, all of it, except for the actual question... but then I haven't seen half sizes at Target for $10, so I've just been doing whole sizes.  I think this may change, but her feet are still way, way tiny.  She fits her size 3 ugg knockoffs perfectly, and her size 4 dress shoes are huge.

Both of these! I could never spend that on shoes for the kids. Especially since it's so random whether they wear them for 6 months or 6 weeks. In fact I get a lot of DD's shoes from the consignment store because she still wears a size 2 and since most kids aren't even walking in a size 2 they are always in great shape.

I buy most of the kids shoes at Target. I won't buy a half size because she walks everywhere but not outside much so I'm not worried about her wearing shoes all the time. Once they are really solid walkers and good with balance it doesn't matter as much if their shoes are a little big on them.  

Also MLD I'm sorry for acting like you are insane for spending that money. It's your money to do with as you please. I spend money on other ridiculous things so I have no room to talk. Just sticker shock at the price is all :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I thought Stride Rite was the best way to go for shoes for a kid trying to walk. My mom and Nanny said they only went there - so did my Stepmom (I'm sure they weren't as pricey then as we never had a pot to p!ss in). So, that's why I did what I did...cause I thought it was a better shoe and so therefore better for him. But maybe I need to reconsider this! LOL

• imageMrsLynnyD:

I thought Stride Rite was the best way to go for shoes for a kid trying to walk. My mom and Nanny said they only went there - so did my Stepmom (I'm sure they weren't as pricey then as we never had a pot to p!ss in). So, that's why I did what I did...cause I thought it was a better shoe and so therefore better for him. But maybe I need to reconsider this! LOL

I have heard the same thing. I am trying to find a good pair on sale. Big Smile

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsLynnyD:

I thought Stride Rite was the best way to go for shoes for a kid trying to walk. My mom and Nanny said they only went there - so did my Stepmom (I'm sure they weren't as pricey then as we never had a pot to p!ss in). So, that's why I did what I did...cause I thought it was a better shoe and so therefore better for him. But maybe I need to reconsider this! LOL

I buy see kai run shoes.  They are supposed to be very good for development but not nearly as expensive.  I spend $13 on each pair but they were also on sale.  I believe they're normally around $30???  They don't have half sizes.  If her shoes are too big, I just have her wear them only when we're out and about until she grows into them.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • fwiw, my pedi said that it doesn't really matter as long as the soles are non-skid rubber and they fit properly.  Though I will add my mom is all, we haaaave to take her to get some Buster Broooowns.  I will die if my kid wears saddle shoes.
  • imageMrsLynnyD:

What is why we buy them. But I usually only buy when I can get a good deal! They are also the only shoes I can find to fit Jay's extra wide feet good.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"