Cleveland Babies

OB recs needed in Stow/Hudson Area

Anyone care to share some recommendations for OB's?

I feel like I have switched OB's so much due to not finding one that I really like. I would greatly prefer a smaller OB practice, so please no paragon type practices. I would also love to find an OB that actually has an U/S machine in office. 

Thank you for any suggestions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!

Re: OB recs needed in Stow/Hudson Area

• I live in Stow, but I see Dr. Jennifer Savitsky (Dr. Savitsky and Dr. Barry Fish are in the practice) over near Summit Mall. They and their staff are soo nice. Dr. S. delivered my son. And, they do have an ultrasound machine in their office. They deliver at either Akron General or Akron City -- whichever you prefer.

https://www.barryfish-obgyn.com/home

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went to the Reserve in Hudson (Stow/Hudson border).  I mostly saw Dr Drake but Dr Wynn delivered my little man.  They have an U/S machine in office.  There are a few doctors operating out of the same office and they try to get you at least 1 appointment with each doctor so you know who they all are as you dont know who is on call when you go to deliver if you are pregnant.  I know you dont want the Paragon feel type office as it does sound like that but I can tell you I left Paragon and went to this office and was so pleased with them.  https://www.obgynreserve.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJKohio:

I live in Stow, but I see Dr. Jennifer Savitsky (Dr. Savitsky and Dr. Barry Fish are in the practice) over near Summit Mall. They and their staff are soo nice. Dr. S. delivered my son. And, they do have an ultrasound machine in their office. They deliver at either Akron General or Akron City -- whichever you prefer.

https://www.barryfish-obgyn.com/home

I have to disagree with this. Dr. S was the worst OB I have ever had and I would not even send my enemy to her. She is an awful excuse for a human being. I would rather go to Paragon and see a different doctor for each visit than go back to the horrible practice ever again. Do yourself a favor and don't go there.

• Thank you for some recs ladies. I feel like a good OB is just impossible to come by anymore. It's like they don't take their time with you, and you are stuck seeing someone new every appointment. After going to paragon ( and a few other offices) I am in a very small practice in stow. I like that it is small, but that's about it. I may check out the one office in Hudson, it is right near my sons Pedi office. The only thing I don't really like is that it sounds like you are a hot potato, going from one Dr. to another. But I love the idea of being in a office that actually has an U/S machine. The place I am at now sends you to Akron for your anatomy scan.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • I left the Reserve to go to Paragon to follow my Gyn, only to learn that when I was pregnant she no longer did OB.  I really loved Dr. Ferris, but every other Doc at Paragon I really didn't like, I will be going back to the Reserve because of it.  I know really doesn't help, but the Reserve although not on the small side was always welcoming.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • To Mrs.McLovin,

I think that everyone clicks with someone, so IMO, it's best to ask many questions and choose based on the answers and feeling you receive about an office before scheduling an exam.

I don't know anything about your particular background or what issues you may have had with your pregnancies, but mine was all 'textbook'. For the sake of the original poster who is trying to find a suitable office for her, you may want to share some specifics as to why you don't mesh with Dr. S. Your words about her and the practice were quite harsh. What 'horrible' things happened to you there? Should I be worried about something by going there?

In my experience, Dr. S is very knowledgeable, and good about completely answering any questions I have. I don't feel rushed there and I like that she and Dr. F support exercise (along the lines of actual training, rather than simply for casual recreation) -- specifically running and cycling -- during pregnancy. She's also very friendly when I run across her in non-office settings. (She works out at the same gym I do.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor is in Twinsburg, South Suburban Women's Center - Dr. Faranacci. He has 2 other doctors in his practice, the other male is Dr. Grossman - both are truly FANTASTIC! He also just added a female to the staff. They work part of the week in the Twinsburg (Rt. 91) office and a couple days in Garfield Hts. Worth the drive though if you ask me, I'm in Stow :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My care was what I would conside suboptimal. I have since found a new doctor and am being corrected treated for my problems. Due to my experience, I do not recommend her to anyone.

• I am a little late on this post I was lurking from my normal may board! I also went though this earlier in my pregnancy was at paragon. I was actually referred to Dr.Stewert by my ob for a level 2 ultrasound. It was the BEST thing they did!!! I switched to him that day! I can't say enough great things about him. He never rushes you his staff is wonderful and he has the best beside manner of any doctor I have been too ob or otherwise. He is in Akron, actually attached to general. But he does deliver at general or city incase you have a preference. His name is John w Stewert he specializes in high risk but does treat everyone.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"