Two Under 2

Overwhelmed

I had my first experience by myself today with my little ones and I just lost it.  My eldest is 22 months and the youngest is 7 weeks.  I had surgery on Valentines to remove my gallbladder and I'm still on the mend.  My eldest is all boy and likes to climb and jump and get into everything all the time.  The little one is a great baby, but is awake most of the day and needs to be held often. Between the pulling and demands between both of them it took me all morning to realize I needed to pee. I mean, I love them both, but I'm feeling like a horrible mother.  Any suggestions for things to occupy Big Brother?

Re: Overwhelmed

• confession...Yo Gabba Gabba. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedelg23:
    confession...Yo Gabba Gabba. 
    Yes

You are in survival mode. You Tube, Elmo, etc are all very helpful. I am nursing DD right now and DS is playing a puzzle app on the ipadBig Smile

love angel Pictures, Images and Photos Thorns and stings And those such things Just make stronger Our angel wings. ~Terri Guillemets
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried wearing the baby so you've got your hands free to play with the toddler?

I couldn't have survived those early months without wearing the baby.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • imageangelwings111:

imagedelg23:
    confession...Yo Gabba Gabba. 
    Yes

You are in survival mode. You Tube, Elmo, etc are all very helpful. I am nursing DD right now and DS is playing a puzzle app on the ipadBig Smile

Sesame Street has literally saved my sanity... Wink
  • The problem is I can't wear the baby because he rubs on my incision sites.  As soon as they are healed I will be wearing him, but for now I'm stuck carrying him practically on my shoulder. Thanks for the suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"