Upstate NY Babies

Pancake syrup

Do you give your kiddo syrup with breakfast foods? What kind?

I didn't for the first 18 mos or so, but I use it on waffles/pancakes/etc and he wanted it too. I started buying the Log Cabin all natural (no HFCS), it's good but I didn't know if an actual maple syrup would be better. I do microwave it since it is in the fridge and too thick to pour when cold.

He doesn't get it a lot, maybe 1x a week.  

Re: Pancake syrup

• I only ever make banana pancakes or toast blueberry waffles so for those I don't give the kids syrup, just a *little butter. We usually buy local for that when we have some. Yummmmmm....pancakes sound really good right now. Haha!!
  • Ellie gets applesauce to dip the pancakes/waffles/French toast. I'm not against the sugar or anything like that in syrup - just the stickiness.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejnk062602:
    Ellie gets applesauce to dip the pancakes/waffles/French toast. I'm not against the sugar or anything like that in syrup - just the stickiness.

This. And DH won't eat pancakes without syrup and it drives me crazy because C won't ask for it unless she sees it.  

Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't have kiddos to give syrup to yet, but I wanted to pipe in and say that I always buy ours from the farmer's market... from the cutest little old guy that sits at his table and says "maaaaple syrupppp.  Freeeee samplessss" in this cute little old guy voice.  lol
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ethan asks for pancakes almost daily and dh makes them for him.  We use aunt jemima. 
  • We usually give Ian waffles or pancakes during the week for breakfast - it's usually that or Cheerios and yogurt. We use Aunt Jemima. I put on just enough to give it flavor, though DH tends to be a bit more liberal with it.
  • imagelawells15:

imagejnk062602:
    Ellie gets applesauce to dip the pancakes/waffles/French toast. I'm not against the sugar or anything like that in syrup - just the stickiness.

This. And DH won't eat pancakes without syrup and it drives me crazy because C won't ask for it unless she sees it.  

Oh I eat maple syrup lol, I just don't give it to her. She does ask, but I just tell her it's only for mommy.

• imagekevinandmonica2011:
    I don't have kiddos to give syrup to yet, but I wanted to pipe in and say that I always buy ours from the farmer's market... from the cutest little old guy that sits at his table and says "maaaaple syrupppp.  Freeeee samplessss" in this cute little old guy voice.  lol

Awww!  Jer and I love him!  And Liam gets a little syrup Sunday morning when we make a "big" breakfast. 

• E probably gets it once a week, when he has waffles/pancakes.  We get Wegman's natural something or another or buy local.  We don't put a ton on, he is much more interested in the butter :)
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I buy blueberry or cinnamon waffles so they don't really need syrup. Plain waffles or pancakes, J uses Aunt Jemima... or ketchup. I'm serious. It makes me gag.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • B doesn't like maple syrup. We always get the pure maple syrup from a family friend in the southern tier who makes his own. I can't use the other stuff any more. B prefers to dip her waffles in ketchup. We don't have them often, but hey, whatever floats her boat.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• I just buy the wegmans brand, so that's what A gets. I put a tiny "puddle" on her plate for her to dip in.
  • I only use real maple syrup (in the summer I buy a big jug from the farmers market and when I run out I just buy the Wegmans brand) Pancake syrup is gross to me. Isn't it just corn syrup and artificial flavorings?

I typically make his pancakes and waffles w/ some sort of fruit in them. Right now in the freezer there are whole wheat blueberry waffles and banana pancakes. So with the fruit he doesn't really need the syrup. Although sometimes he ask for it to dip, so I give him a small ramekin on the side. (he learned that from DH, since he drowns his in syrup!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"