3rd Trimester

The Daddy Hospital Survival Kit!!

Hey ladies!  I saw the cutest idea online and wanted to share the idea and get some feedback!  The idea is a Daddy Hospital Survival Kit that would be given once we reached the hospital!!  Labor can take a while and, even though we are going through one of the most (if not, the most) traumatic  and life changing experiences of our lives, so is Daddy!  We can't forget about our other half.  Some of the ideas that I saw were things like magazines, caffeine, favorite candy, cute notes, etc...  Any other suggestions?
IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: The Daddy Hospital Survival Kit!!

• Great idea! Maybe some snacks and gatorade, and a deck of cards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Laying in the hospital as I write this... I'll tell you what I wish I had packed for my sweet hubs...

1. Snacks

2. Drinks

3. Pillow/blanket. 

4. Something small to keep him entertained... He refuses to put in his headphones for music, or watch movies on the iPad. Even tho we have several hours ahead of us, he's worried he'll miss something.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Loading the player...
  • What about some basic meds like Tums and Tylenol? Sure you are in a hospital and he could ask the nurse, but is he going to?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I actually put one together for DH and I can't wait to give it to him!  I wrapped a box in wrapping paper and here's what I put inside...

-St. Patty's day pj pants and a new t-shirt

-blue t-shirt and pink t-shirt with our names on them (we're team Green)...he'll put on the appropriate shirt to announce the arrival to family

-Crystal Light energy (it has caffeine in it) in his favorite flavor

-Coke Zero

-chapstick and lotion

-fruit snacks

-some chocolate snacks

-cheeze-its, beef jerky and other snacks

-mints 

-swedish fish (his favorite)

-a sweet card 

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Here's a picture...

https://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x451/a2003tiger/20120214_081056.jpg

*Sorry, couldn't get the image to post directly! 

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• imagea2003tiger:

I actually put one together for DH and I can't wait to give it to him!  I wrapped a box in wrapping paper and here's what I put inside...

-St. Patty's day pj pants and a new t-shirt

-blue t-shirt and pink t-shirt with our names on them (we're team Green)...he'll put on the appropriate shirt to announce the arrival to family

-Crystal Light energy (it has caffeine in it) in his favorite flavor

-Coke Zero

Such a great idea! I think I'm going to have to do something similar for my DH. He would love that.

-chapstick and lotion

-fruit snacks

-some chocolate snacks

-cheeze-its, beef jerky and other snacks

-mints 

-swedish fish (his favorite)

-a sweet card 

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll see if this works! 

image" onmouseover="undefined" onmouseout="undefined">

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• A bag of quarters for the vending machine.

*YCSWU June Siggy*

DS Born May 5th, 2012

Baby #2 due November 19th, 2015

• We brought:
    Laptop
    DVD's
    change for vending machines
    money for caf

I basically forbid him from eating in front of me (mind you, I was scheduled for an induction so couldn't eat after midnight & didn't get to start the inductions until 12hrs later; I was starving so seeing food would have killed me & DH didn't mind getting to go for a walk).

Other than that, we didn't do anything.  There was a tv in the room so we watched tv.  My parents came so we also talked with them until it was time to start pushing.

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • imagebhoke0816:
    A bag of quarters for the vending machine.

Great idea!!  I'm excited to start making one!! 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Cute idea! I'm doing something similar for DH- I've packed him a bag and in addition to essentials like a change of socks and underwear, toothbrush, etc. I'm also going to put his Sudoku puzzle book, Mountain Dew and/or Red Bull, and some quick snacks he might like, like Doritos or something. Other than that I think I can pretty much count on him spending most of the labor time playing Angry Birds on his iPhone, LOL.
  • I packed DH a hospital bag, included alot of the essititials he will need for the stay and added a little present for him. A box of cigars that say "It's a girl!" so he can give them out to his friends and  a homemade card!

I dont want to bring more than I have to, to the hospital and our hospital provides snacks to the labor coach around mealtimes, so I dont worry about him eatting. We will be bringing the laptop for entertainment if needed.

• I love this idea!  I think it's a great way to feel like you are thinking about them too!  I'm going to have to steal this idea and use it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I packed a bunch of goodies for DH too... including a t-shirt that says "I'm the Daddy 2012" Its so cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"