Upstate NY Babies

HLG check in

How did it go this week? I was reading something online that like 75% of people give up on their New Years Resolution by 30 days and then like 87-90% by 60 days. Since we got back into regular HLG posting, I'm assuming it was a NY Res. for most of us.

Having trouble staying on the wagon? Any big successes?

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: HLG check in

• Finally... FINALLY I had a loss this week. It was only 1.2lbs but I'll take it. I stalled to a complete stop for 3 whole weeks- despite working out 5x a week and eating a great clean diet. Finally Saturday night I just burst out crying and had a total meltdown to DH. I told him I couldn't take a 3rd "weigh in" without losing weight with so much hard work- so thank God I lost when I got on the scale this morning.

I'm down a total 11.6lbs in the last 7 weeks so I'm happy. I am still 7.2lbs from my Mexico goal weight with 13 days to go so I don't think I'll make it. I'm frustrated but I feel a lot better- I know DH is right, it wasn't reasonable to think I could lose 20lbs in 2 mths. 

I got to mail back my bathing suit for a smaller size. Total victory :)

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so far off the wagon that I can no longer see it...but I have every intention of finding & getting back on that thing just as soon as the craziness of preping for deployment is over.   I've gained 5lbs in the past 2 weeks...ugh!  But, I WILL lose this weight before DH gets back in October!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Great job!  Over 11 pounds is amazing! 

And I totally jumped off the wagon when my grandmother passed and we had to postpone our trip.  Just started back today since our trip is now 2 months away.  My 2nd cousin just got engaged so it looks like I have a wedding to attend in August.  I would love to be down 20-25 pounds by then. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a great week, and an awful weekend (always my downfall)

Friday night went to the hockey game and I had too many beers (and then ate leftover pizza when I got home!)

Saturday I was good all day and had a healthy dinner planned, but DH and Evan wanted to take me on a "date" so I couldn't say no ;) We went to our favorite little Italian place and I was semi-good. Only ate a half a piece of bread (which was torture since it was piping hot and they have this amazing pesto oil to dip it in), got eggplant parm and asked for light cheese, ate less than half and only a couple bites of pasta. Then we took Evan to Coldstone and DH wanted to get some to take home for us... so, I got the light ice cream w/ some almonds and banana w/ just a drizzle of fudge. (and only ate half)

Yesterday was okay... but I skipped breakfast, worked (with no lunch break) so when I got home I picked on lots of crap before dinner. Then I finished my ice cream while we watched Shameless.

I didn't gain, so I'm counting it as a success! Lots of water today to flush out the crap from the weekend. I was hoping to get to the gym, but Evan woke up w/ a cough so I'd rather keep him home so he can hopefully go to DC tomorrow. 

• I think I stayed about the same but didnt weigh myself.

Yesterday we cleaned out the playroom/workout room...so I hope to hop on the treadmill during naptime today!

We've been sick - my neck and back are all messed up - AF is still here...but seriously, I gotta just do it because I am ALWAYS finding excuses. I have no clue why it has been so hard for me this time. I feel sooooooo tired. Maybe it's my winter depression that I always seem to get or something..

• I lost a pound this week.  Yippee!!  I know a pound is a pound, but I would like to see more go.  I'm nervous about sabotaging my supply.  I'm doing WW and have factored in the extra points i just feel like i'm always hungry!  so I"m trying to be good and much on fruit and veggies.

• I finished week 1 of the shred.  There were two nights that I missed because of other things going on.  If it gets too late at night I just can't do the workout.  And I did great with my low carb eating.  I only cheating once the whole week (Sunday dinner) because we went to my in-laws to celebrate my dh's Grandmother's b-day.  I may start level 2 tonight of the shred.  I'm already bored with the first one.  However, level one even kicks my arse so not sure how I'll do with level 2.  As far as weight loss, I probably lost a few lbs....nothing major.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Exercise wise: awesome...on Week 7 Day 2 of C25K, hope to get it done today :)

Food-wise: I have not been making the wisest choices and I am hoping to start new today. Instead of getting the giant cin bun at the car repair place, I walked about 1/2 mile to get a skim milk latte at Panera. Instead of ordering the bacon/blue cheese burger and fries at lunch, I got shrimp spring rolls with a side of peanut sauce.

I weigh myself at the gym, and as of late last week, I was down about 1 lb. in 2 weeks, but I am sure after the eating I did this week, I am up a little.  

I feel better in my clothes, which is great.  Just want to keep plugging along... 

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have not been doing well lately. Since DH isn't eating normal after his surgery, I have been eating like crap. I just hate cooking for one person.  I have gained about a pound over the past few weeks.  I am ok with this and know once things get back to normal around here my eating will improve.  I also have totally slacked at the gym but have gone 2 days in a row now and will continue to go.
  • I haven't checked in for a while, but I have been doing ok. I have really fallen off the working of wagon. During the work week I am finding it nearly impossible to keep up with everything and unfortunately exercising is the first to go. Buy, the good news is that I have been doing really well with eating right and has lost about 8lbs since new years. So I am happy to say that I am FINALLY back to the weight I was when I got pg with Liana which is my "skinny weight" and probably the least I have weighed since I got married. Buuuut, I am still not thrilled with the way my stomach looks right now and want to do some major toning. I know that's not gonna happen without the exercise, so I just need to make myself find the time to do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrsoc:

Exercise wise: awesome...on Week 7 Day 2 of C25K, hope to get it done today :)

Did it!  Glad I posted this, as it gave me more motivation to go out and do it! 

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:

I got to mail back my bathing suit for a smaller size. Total victory :)

Yes

• Another bad week. I just can't seem to get my head in the game lately.

Yay to everyone who is doing well! And Woohoo to MrsWhite - needing a smaller size is awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"