April 2012 Moms

Putting feet/legs in a hot tub?

My legs are killing me.  I was wondering if it would be ok to sit outside the hot tub but put my legs (from the knees down) in the water.  I only have a standing shower in my bathroom, so just taking a warm bath isn't an option.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Putting feet/legs in a hot tub?

• I think it would be fine. I think the main problem with HOT baths is that it can raise your body temp pretty quickly which can be dangerous. But, if it's just your legs, you shouldn't be overheating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • go for it, you'll be fine :)
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• I would.  I bet it would feel awesome.  If you feel like it's making you feel hot, then just pull your feet out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would think it would be fine (and feel amazing) since it probably wouldn't raise your core body temperature.
    imageVisit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally fine
    BabyFruit Ticker, Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think it would be okay as long as your whole body isn't in the hot water.
  • How could putting your feet/legs in a hot tub harm your baby?? That's better than taking a hot shower. You have the rest of your entire body outside of the hot tub so it's perfectly fine.

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • As long as your temp doesn't go over 101 is what I was told.  I had an appointment the other day and was told that the big concern with hot baths was cleft pallet, and we are in the clear now.  You still want to be careful with keeping your body heat to high for long periods of time, but everything should be ok. 

PS I was using a temp gage in the tub for a while and 101 was just frigid to me.  I could only stay in there for about 15 minutes. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's perfectly fine to submerge your feet and legs in a hot tub while pregnant. I've done it with each of my pregnancies.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I take a hot azz bath every night.  I drink cold water the whole time and take my temp.  If it gets to 99, I get out.  But I get too sweaty before it gets to that point.  My OB OK'd that because of all of the issues surrounding my SPD.  First, the SPD pain itself can be unbearable and a hot bath keeps me out of the ER and off of narcotics.  SEcond, it keeps my hemmies soothed.  I can't sit on a sitz bath because of the SPD; makes me feel like I'm going to turn inside out through my butthole.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"