March 2012 Moms

UTI=dizziness?

Last night at my birthing class I felt dizzy to the point where I wanted to pass out.  I excused myself from class and sat out in the hallway.  My SO and birthing teacher came out and asked me if I was dizzy from the material we were going over..not the case!  She told me I should probably go next door to the ER against my protests.  I'm glad I did..it turns out I have a UTI.  My blood pressure is good and my sugar levels are good.  A lady tried telling me today that my dizziness was from the UTI.  I have never heard of this causing light-headedness..but then again again I've never had a UTI before.  I'm just trying to figure out what the heck this is, because I still feel a little out of it today.
Photobucket BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UTI=dizziness?

• " Simple lower urinary tract infections generally have few other symptoms. More serious upper urinary tract infections may cause nausea, vomiting, chills, fever, dizziness, and pain in the lower back and abdomen. If you have these symptoms, contact your heath care provider."

I have never gotten dizzy from having a UTI, but I just found that searching around the net. I would definitely say it's good thing you went in & hopefully they get it taken care of for you quickly!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think it's impossible, but it might be more likely that it's a "normal pregnancy" symptom. I've been feeling dizzy and getting blurred vision. My midwife says it's a normal symptom for this stage of pregnancy. She did give me information regarding seeing spots, swelling and intense pain under the rib cage that lasts (these are signs of pre-eclampsia).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you, I just had a urine test done Thursday at my OB, and they did not detect anything.  It must have formed in the last few days.  I'm so glad I went in, although being light-headed at this point may just be part of the territory.
    Photobucket BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have low BP anyway so any time I'm sick I tend to feel dizzy and light-headed, but I definitely had dizziness and felt light-headed when I had a UTI earlier in pregnancy.  It was actually the first or second symptom I noticed.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"