C-sections

need dermabond removal tips!

I am 6 weeks PP and just returned home from my PP checkup.  My OB was amazed that my dermabond is basically still in tact and not peeling/flaking off. She told me that I could work at it with a washcloth, or use baby oil.  Does anyone have any tips for removing it that wouldn't require a lot of scrubbing?  Thank you!

Re: need dermabond removal tips!

• I pulled mine off because it looked weird and was grossing me out. It definitely hurt a little (hair being pulled) but I got it off. I couldn't wait any longer lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor just told me to peel it off in the shower.  I just kind of let it do its thing.  If it was hanging off a little I would pull it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Pull it off in the shower.  It still might take a couple showers though.
  • I had to do mine in the shower. It was painful getting it over the scar, but I just did it over a few nights. I also heard rubbing alcohol and such for the sticky goo, but i just kept at it with wash cloths and soap for a few weeks. Yes, it took a few freakin weeks. I was so annoyed with that stuff.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"