Postpartum Depression

Morning anxiety/panicky feelings

Does anyone or has anyone ever experienced that panicky, jittery feeling when you wake up in the morning? I am able to get out of bed and get going, but it takes a while for the pit in my heart/stomach to go away; sometimes it just fades, but lingers around through most of the day no matter what I try to focus on. It almost feels like I've had too much caffeine.

Anyway, I hate the feeling because it feeds into my OCD "What if I?" fears, and it's driving me nuts! I just want to wake up and feel normal! Please tell me I'm not alone. The best therapy seems to come from being validated by others who know how you feel!

I hope everyone has a good day...as mom says, just one day at a time. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Morning anxiety/panicky feelings

• I know just what you are talking about. I get that too and it totally feeds into the OCD. It doesn't happen too much during the week because I'm getting for work in the morning but it does sometimes happen when I'm home. I usually try to focus on other things or exercise to tire myself out!

I also decided (as of yesterday) that I am only drinking decaf from now on. On Sundays we go to breakfast and I like having a cup of coffee to wake me up and it gives me energy to do some housework once we go back home. But I realized it does make me jittery and feeds the OCD. Sorry for being random, I know you weren't asking about caffeine, just thought I'd add that!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJessandIgli:

I know just what you are talking about. I get that too and it totally feeds into the OCD. It doesn't happen too much during the week because I'm getting for work in the morning but it does sometimes happen when I'm home. I usually try to focus on other things or exercise to tire myself out!

I also decided (as of yesterday) that I am only drinking decaf from now on. On Sundays we go to breakfast and I like having a cup of coffee to wake me up and it gives me energy to do some housework once we go back home. But I realized it does make me jittery and feeds the OCD. Sorry for being random, I know you weren't asking about caffeine, just thought I'd add that!

Lurker here.  I actually had this same revelation just this morning.   I don't have OCD, but I do struggle with anxiety and caffeine gives me that same jittery feeling I get when I have a panic attack (which actually makes me panic...).  I've decided it's just not worth it to drink caffeine anymore.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"