C-sections
Options

Swelling that started 4 days post op?

I had a rsc 5 days ago. I had no swelling with the preg and a bunch in my legs (oddly not feet or ankles) and hands from the IVs. Yesterday I noticed my snkles suddenly swelled up. Is this normal? Should I worry? Baby doesn't sleep so I've been on my feet and not resting at all for days. Could that be why ?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Swelling that started 4 days post op?

• Options
    I had swelling with DD2 a few days after. Like you I was up and around trying to be super mommy. After I slowed down a little and put my feet up it went down. Drink plenty of water, and accept whatever help you're offered.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The night before my induction I actually did start swelling a bit but it was nothing compared to what happened after the c-sec. I think it took a few full days but my legs and ankles looked HUGE. They were so tight and they hurt so bad. I made sure to stay moving but I also made plenty of time for elevating them. It felt like it took forever for them to go down but once they did I felt like my legs and ankles were part of some major weight loss story lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    get a lymph node massage - this was the only thing that helped after I had my twins.  My feet were getting so big that it was difficult to walk more than a few steps.  Pressure of the baby plus all the pushing/prodding of the c-sec can cause the lymph nodes in your hips and legs to block up and not drain the fluid through your body correctly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"