Washington Babies
Options

Local babymoon ideas

DH and I have been living in the area for about a year now ( he works on JBLM and we live in Puyallup), but we haven't really been out of the Tacoma area much. I was just wondering if anyone had any nearby ideas for a fun affordable babymoon. Thanks! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Local babymoon ideas

• Options
    Lots of ideas! What do you like to do? How much time do you have? What (approximately) is your (eta:) budget?
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    If you have time, I would go out to the ocean: either Moclips or Quileute Beach resort (which is very affordable but doesn't have tv so if you want to watch movies at night bring a laptop). My husband & I are from Tacoma too so I know it's a bit of a drive but it is well worth it! The beaches up in the Northen part of the state are way prettier than Ocean Shores. Another great place to go would be one of the San Juan islands! Friday Harbor is super cute & there are lots of different kinds of lodging. I would also keep my eye on LivingSocial getaways, they have a lot of Great deals! I can only think of one destination that isn't too far and that would be the Snoqualmie Falls resort, which can be pricey! Good luck & I can't wait to hear more ideas from other people! :)
    baby fruit ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The San Juans are gorgeous, lots of B&B's with deals this time of year.

I love Moclips or Ocean Shores.  I usually stay at a rental house in Moclips [google Moclips Beach House - not fancy but clean and cheap].  I like Ocean Shores as well, not too crowded this time of year.  Touristy, but not too bad.

Salish Lodge [Snoqualmie Falls] or Willows Lodge [Woodinville Wine Country] are both expensive but very nice, great food.  If you want a more relaxing and luxe weekend, I'd choose one of those.

Have you stayed in downtown Seattle yet?  That can be a ton of fun.  I love Hotel 1000.  Inn at the Market is also supposed to be nice.  You can find a ton of cheap but nice places as well, and spend the day at Pike Place, Sculpture Park, Waterfront, etc. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The San Juans are gorgeous, lots of B&B's with deals this time of year.

I love Moclips or Ocean Shores.  I usually stay at a rental house in Moclips [google Moclips Beach House - not fancy but clean and cheap].  I like Ocean Shores as well, not too crowded this time of year.  Touristy, but not too bad.

Salish Lodge [Snoqualmie Falls] or Willows Lodge [Woodinville Wine Country] are both expensive but very nice, great food.  If you want a more relaxing and luxe weekend, I'd choose one of those.

Have you stayed in downtown Seattle yet?  That can be a ton of fun.  I love Hotel 1000.  Inn at the Market is also supposed to be nice.  You can find a ton of cheap but nice places as well, and spend the day at Pike Place, Sculpture Park, Waterfront, etc. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The gray whales are migrating up the coast here in the next couple months, and humpbacks in the fall...you can charter a whale-watching boat or ride on one of the other more tour related vessels to get you out on the water and into the islands. Great restaurants out there and I believe lots of B&B or cabin rentals.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    willows lodge in Woodinville is beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! I've been wanting to go see the San Juan Islands but I think I'd like to stay longer than a weekend which is pretty much our time frame for this "babymoon".  The willows and Salish lodge seem like beautiful get aways, a bit pricey, but we might as well go ahead and splurge a little while we still can right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

San Juans (Orcas or SJI; the others are great, but i've never stayed overnight so i can't rec anything) is my go-to for long weekends, but i also love the peninsula (anywhere along the coasts or in the NP) and the coast (though when visiting the coast we usually head to Oregon).  Another affordable option would be Bellingham, where you could stay at a B&B and explore downtown and Fairhaven.

I thought we were going to Seabrook (LB's suggestion) for my birthday next month, but we're staying at Lake Quinault Lodge instead.  It's also fairly affordable (esp w/a discount or in the off/should season). 

Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"