May 2011 Moms

Clothing for 0-3 month summer babies?

I had DD in August so some of her clothes are not going to work for this baby girl. Just wondering what type of clothes you used a lot for May-August?  Or even early fall?  Thanks

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Clothing for 0-3 month summer babies?

• If you are meaning what kind of style, I am a big fan of rompers. One piece, easy diaper changes, no pants to mess with, good on a hot day, and looks nicer than a onsie. These are some of the various styles I pulled off of Carter's website:

Gingham Sunsuit1-Piece Ruffle SunsuitFlutter Sleeve Romper

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It was COLD in Wisconsin last year in May and June. I think in Michigan you might have similar weather. Make sure you have stuff with long sleeves. I used a lot of size newborn sleepers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with above, it was cold(er) last year in May and early June in Michigan.  Who knows what this spring/summer will hold; the winter has been mild.

When DS was a brand-new newborn, we still used a lot of long sleeve and long pants.  I did put him in (a boy version) rompers  / shorts, etc.. when he was 5-6 weeks old I think, but then had to be careful outside to make sure that his pale little skin didn't get too much sun.  By about 4 weeks on, he slept in just a onesie and a swaddle.  

By fall (September), he was back in long sleeve & jeans for the most part, with the exception of the occasional day that was very warm. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It was really hot here this summer, and I was also a huge fan of rompers.  DD sweated in anything more than a romper or onesie and leggings.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • We live in the desert so it is pretty much hot all year round here. During the summer I would put DD in a romper if we were going out in public. Otherwise she just wore a onesie around the house if I put anything on her at all.
  • Definitely rompers or one piece outfits. They are cute and not such a hassle. We had a few dresses with separate bloomers, but the dresses ride up ALL.THE.TIME. Keep it as simple as possible!!
  • My daughter was born at the end of May & we had a pretty hot summer.  That meant we were inside in the air conditioning most of the time so she wore a lot of sleep & plays or onesies with leg warmers/pants.  If we were outside I liked the rompers or I had some cotton dresses with a matching diaper cover that were nice & cool for her (and cute!)

• One-pieces for sure (rompers, sunsuits, etc).  Just so much easier and comfy for baby.

Inside with a/c, the standard sleepers or onesies with pants/socks as necessary. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"