May 2011 Moms

Baby Proofing Checklist?

I'd love some recommendations on what we need to do.  She's crab crawling like a mad woman and I'm a first time mom and thus scared and CLUELESS!  We have stairs and worse (ok, not worse but scarier), a pool!  AGH!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Proofing Checklist?

• A pool is scary! I feel clueless too, DH started crawling today! I don't have a list but I  think each house is different but I've read many times about getting down to his eye level and start there. I think with common sense we'll figure it out!
  • Audrey has been crawling for months and we still haven't baby proofed everything yet. We got the outlets and cuboards covered but other then that nada. Last week sure learned how to go throuh the doggie door. I dont know of any way to baby proof a dog door since the dogs still need to use it.
  • Loading the player...
  • For the pool...door alarms and a pool alarm are a must!
    !
  • We just decided which area of our house he'd have free reign in (his room, the living room, and the hall) and then babyproofed as he threatened to wreck the place. We put a sliding outlet cover on the one exposed outlet, put up a baby gate between the kitchen and living room, covered up the entertainment center (DH built a giant case which is overkill, but it could be there a few years), and cleared all the junk. Our coffee table is finally clean! Oh, and we ended up using some thin mdf to block off a couple areas (an end table and the computer stand).

Pretty much, the easiest way is to follow your baby around and figure out how to remove or block everything they try to get.

• I've been going slowly as DS starts getting into stuff. First I cleared off the hearth, and yesterday, he found the wall outlets.....

so I plugged the little things in them.  Here is my review, if you want it. 

https://redheadbabymama.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-in-babyproofing-babiesrus-outlet.html

If you have a pool, you might want door alarms to that area.  Otherwise, I'll keep going one step at a time! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"