Georgia Babies

airplane tips with a toddler?

so  the kiddo and i are flying to philly next month to visit my family and it is his first flight (and it will just be him and i). i am buying and shipping an inexpensive car seat up there, because we will up there several times this year and i don't want to lug one back and forth - especially by myself. any tips from you ladies? i am kind of nervous for his first flight since we will be on our own, but will be bringing a portable dvd player, which should help.
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: airplane tips with a toddler?

• Pack some brand new toys and double the snacks that you think you may need.  Also, some motrin in case there's an issue with the ears.
  • imagesmynings_bride:
    Pack some brand new toys and double the snacks that you think you may need.  Also, some motrin in case there's an issue with the ears.

All of this! We flew to Seattle last year with the boys and it was a long flight. We used our ipad a lot for Bailey and he liked the planes tv as well. Just be warned that sometimes they will make you have headphones for the dvd player. We had headphones for Bailey and it was fine but I had a friend who was on a flight and was told she couldn't use the dvd player with her 16 month old unless she had headphones.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • At this point, we have all but given up on the portable dvd player w/ Gavin.  He's much happier with an ipod/iphone w/ movies or games or whatever.  Other than that, lots of snacks and some coloring books and other new cheapo toys should do the trick.  I prefer to take a stroller so I get to skip the lines for security.  I just gate check it and then its waiting for us when we de-plane.  As for a diaper bag... take a back pack.  Holds more and keeps your hands free.  Start talking it up early and telling him how he HAS to sit still w/ his seatbelt buckled on the plane. 

• thanks for the tips ladies! 
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"