LGBT Parenting
Options

Last hope with IUI and follistim.... Please advise

Ok so I have not been on this board for a year because it has been just too emotional for me. To recap my partner and I have been together for seven years. We have a 12 year old from a previous relationship of mine. We have been tttcfor three years now. We started with three ici cycles at home all BFN. We then did two IUI cycles at home , again BFN's. We went to an RE did three unmedicated IUI cycles all BFN. Switched to a new RE and he put me on 100 mg Clomid and Ovidrel trigger resulted in BFN. Did another same protocol the following month, BFN again! I then had a Hysteroscopy witch revealed three unterine polyps which he removed. The very next cycle we did the same Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI and still BFFN!! My patner and I have been on a rocky road and we fight every time we get another BFN. This is our last cycle and the RE has moved us onto injectables. He has recommended 75 iu Follistim for ten days + Ovidrel trigger + IUI. It is very expensive and K, my wife, does not want to do any more after this. Can anyone tell me what my chances are of this being it? I am so scared to try and have another BFN. I hate to spend all this money and it still does not work. Has anyone had anything similar and gotten BFP on their first injectibles cycle? Thank you so much and baby dust and GL to everyone who is also on their own baby journey! I know how hard it is!!!!

Re: Last hope with IUI and follistim.... Please advise

• Options
    I just wanted to say good luck. My T&P are with you. I know how hard it is - we tried for 2 years and finally had our twins by IVF. Sending positive baby vibes your way!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemelissajo2011:
    I just wanted to say good luck. My T&P are with you.

This!  Happy thoughts for you.

We tried for 5 years and finally got twins through IVF.  We did 8-10 failed IUI's and then put TTC on hold to save for IVF.  I can understand your frustration, and it seems like everyone around you (friends and family) easily get pregnant, especially by accident.  

I can't speak of the odds, but I believe they are increased with the injectables, but no idea of #'s.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ours twins are from injectibles, gonal-f...we got pregnant on both of our injectible rounds. The odds, however, really depend on your response (and luck IMO).
  • Options

I hope this is the one for you!

Our last 2 cycles (out of a total 9) were with injectibles. The first one didn't work, but the second one did and now we have 5y old twin boys to prove it. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"