Attachment Parenting

Biting

DS is about a year old. I very much want to continue nursing (as does DS, it seems). But he bites. Not multiple times a day, but usually about once. Since he now has 8 teeth, it really hurts. 

I've been able to recognize when he usually does it, and therefore minimize it, but it still happens. I've tried smooshing his face in my breast (which makes him clamp down OWWWW), saying "no no" firmly, saying "that hurts Mama!," and even tapping him on the face (I can't yet bring myself to thump him, my little boy!). Nothing has seemed to faze him.

The biting is threatening our nursing happiness, especially since DH seems less inclined to let it continue when I sometimes cry out of frustration (and pain).

Any thoughts? I'm not at my wit's end, but I'm getting there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Application approved Dec '11
Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
Homestudy complete July 19
USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
Come home, baby A!

Re: Biting

• Have you tried removing him from your breast and putting him down facing away from you? It worked with DS#1. I didn't have to leave him down for any length of time. He really didn't like it and stopped pretty quickly.
    xmas12cropped

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Usually my kids have done that when teething and when they get distracted and/or aren't hungry. I always just pried them off with a finger in there mouth and packed it away (the boob that is). It helped somewhat but really when it is teethibng related I don't think much helps. except try to avoid it happening. They aren't doing it to hurt you they are just in pain and biting stuff help alieviate that.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My guy does this, too. I usually set him down at my feet. Have you read the kellymom info on this? I found it very helpful...
    https://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/biting.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"