January 2011 Moms
Options

Lets talk Vacations.

When was the last time you took a vacation?  Where was it?  Do you plan on any vacations this year with or without LO?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lets talk Vacations.

• Options
    No plans for this year. Would love to go somewhere tropical next year though :)
  • Options

Went up to the cabin on the lake last Oct. Was very hard w/ W into everything. Hoping to get back up there in April or May. Havent really left the state since I got pregnant.

I'm thinking about hiding in an empty train car when you go to Chicago Rosie. Are you sure you dont want to take me instead!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

ffejsgirl, that sounds like a great idea!

Marsam, I would loveeeeeeee for you to come!!! 

Chicago next month with my BFF and Disney World with the family in December. We went to Gatlinburg, TN last May with my BFF. 

• Options

About 5 years ago DH & I decided that we would take a vacation every year.  We realized that we needed it as a family.  The addition of Joshua has changed things up a little but we are sticking to that plan.

The summer I was pregnant (& didn't know it) we took a cruise.  Justin loved it.  He was 13 - it was the perfect age to take him on that type of trip as an only child.

Last summer we went to DC for the week.  We were lucky it was cooler the week we went so Joshua was comfortable in a stroller.  We stayed with DH's cousin and the trip went great.  The only tricky thing was every place we went had different security rules for handling the stroller. 

This summer we are renting a house at Holden Beach. It is only an hour from our house but DH's whole family is coming down as my triplet niece & nephews will be entering their senior year of high school and we figured this may the last chance to get the whole family together like this. DH's family is all staying in one house right on the beach - we rented our own house on the canal.  Joshua does not like crowds & honestly neither does the rest of the family.  Plus DH's siblings decied to invite other people so we opted for our own house.

DH is already looking into trips for the summer of 2013.  Gatlinburg is one place I would like to take the kids.  We will look for somewhere that we can rent a house and maybe let Justin bring a friend to hang out with.

• Options

Every year we go to the beach with my sister, husband, and their 3 kids.  It's pretty crazy but fun.  We'll probably also go to H's family cabin a few times, DD's never been there.

I told H for every 5 years we're married we're taking a nice vacation by ourselves.  Only a 2 more years till we reach our 1st 5 years!

• Options
    September, our big trip to Vancouver.  We're planning on going up to visit my family this Christmas, and Joaquin and I will probably go to a family reunion over the summer.
  • Options
    imageMom2Mack1:

Every year we go to the beach with my sister, husband, and their 3 kids.  It's pretty crazy but fun.  We'll probably also go to H's family cabin a few times, DD's never been there.

I told H for every 5 years we're married we're taking a nice vacation by ourselves.  Only a 2 more years till we reach our 1st 5 years!

Yes

• Options

the last time was in December. We took a trip to Utah to visit with family. It was really beautiful, and a nice getaway.

So far we don't have any family vacations planned, but I am turning 30 this year in September and DH and I are wanting to go to Graceland! I am super excited because I am not so secretly in LOVE with Elvis! haha

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We tend to take mini-vacations. DH has to jump through hoops to go further than 250 miles from home, so we tend to stay within 4 hours from here. He also only gets to take his vacation time twice a year.

We went to Hilton Head on a marriage retreat, but that was more business (classes all day + bad weather) than fun.

Our last trip was to Atlanta. DH when to a car race and I met MrsHollywood, we took our LOs to the zoo :-) That was wayyy back in October.

We haven't taken a real, long, trip since our honeymoon (to Orlando, back in 2009). We are hoping to go on a REAL family vacation in 2014 when DH gets back from his next deployment. That will probably be a cruise. We'd like to go while we're still living close by to the ports.

• Options
    imageMom2Mack1:

My DH owes me three nice alone vacations.  We will be married 16 years in March.

• Options
    Last year we rented a house at the Jersey shore with my family. The year before that we went to the Bahamas and the day I came home I got my BFP. DH really wants to go away this year but I'm not motivated to travel with JT and a big fat belly. I just don't think it'll be relaxing anymore so I'm being a lazy daisy about it. He wants to go and stay at the Atlantis this time at the Bahamas. We'll see. We could also go to FL, his grandparents are snow bunnies and will be there until Easter...so we'd have to go as soon as I'm out of first tri. I dunno.......
  • Options
    Our last Vacay was when I was pregnant. We went to Montana. It was a long drive. I'll never do that again. If we go again, we are flying! Lol! I would like to do a little something again this summer. But I doubt we will. We need to save towards buying a house in this over priced area we live in.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We went to Wildwood, NJ last summer without DD and it was glorious.  We went to a bar in the middle of the day and sat outside for a good 2 hours just drinking and eating only to come back to the hotel and take a nap.  We also went to Cape May twice while we were there just to walk around and enjoy it. 

This year E, my MIL, my mom, and I are going to North Carolina Beach in May.  I'm excited but kinda nervous.  The second or third day they are taking E the entire day so I can have a "Mommy's day off" and just do whatever I want since I'll be due not too long after.

DH and I have talked about maybe going to a nice bed and breakfast somewhere when he takes leave after he gets home but nothing official. 

• Options
    imageCaniacMom:
    imageMom2Mack1:

My DH owes me three nice alone vacations.  We will be married 16 years in March.

Heck yeah!  Travel

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"