Minnesota Babies
Options

"Unusual" Period?

Here's the scenario: My husband and I have been TTC since October with no avail. It's been tough since my best friend who got married in October, is already pregnant. So each month, I would take a pregnancy test but each time it was negative. Once my period came, everything was normal. However, this last month it was completely different, but I still had it. Should I take a pregnancy test and see? I don't want to take the test just to be disappointed all over again. I want to chock it up to stress, but stress has only ever made it late, not abnormal. Any ideas will be helpful!
Katie 80 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: "Unusual" Period?

• Options
    You shouldn't get your period when you are pregnant. You might get a little spotting, but if you get bleeding then there is something wrong. I would not test unless you miss your next period.
  • Options

When you say "once your period came back" what do you mean? If you were on BC, it can take up to 6 months for your cycle to really regulate.

You can get pg tests at most dollar stores. I had a digital on hand for when I got + on the cheap tests.  You can also order ones from Amazon. 

Keep in mind it takes the average couple 12+ months to conceive. If you haven't already, I would suggest getting the book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I have to admit when we first started before DD we just had a lot of sex. After almost 10 months, I read about this book on the Getting Pregnant board. I started charting and using OPK and it still took another 4 months and help from my OB to get pg.  

Even with all my knowledge I gained from the GP board, it still took another 6 months of perfect timing to conceive #2.

Unfortunately, you usually only hear about how easy someone got pg when in reality I think the majority of women struggle. 

Good luck! 

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I meant that my period normally comes anywhere between 30-33 days apart. I haven't been on BC for almost 2 years. Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Do you know how long spotting lasts? 1 or 2 days? I'm on day 4 of an unusually light period so it's odd for me.
  • Options
    I personally would test if I were you. I had some weird spotting while on vacation when we just started TTC. I was around the same time as my normal period, but it was brownish spotting and only lasted a few days- so unlike any other period I had ever had. Fast forward a few weeks and I was late, turned out that I was pregnant and it was most likely implatation spotting that I was having. I know that you dont want the heartbreak of testing and finding it's negative, but if I were you, I would head to Cub foods/Dollar store and pick up a cheap test and see what it says. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It really can vary from person to person and cycle to cycle. Based on what you added I would test. I know your concerned with a - but that is the only way you will know. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    Sounds like you should test. And read Taking Chart of Your Fertility. It's really practically life-changing and very eye-opening. For me it made me so much more comfortable with my entire cycle in general.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"