Detroit Babies

Where did you get your nursery furniture?

Starting to look for nursery furniture (nothing extreme, just a crib, dresser and shorter dresser that can double as a changing table)... where did you get yours?  We've looked at Buy Buy Baby but are having a bit of sticker shock... any other good places to look besides BBB or Babies R Us?

Re: Where did you get your nursery furniture?

• No help here, since we bought our furniture at BBB ... I've heard Ikea, maybe?

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• imagefirewife9278:
    No help here, since we bought our furniture at BBB ... I've heard Ikea, maybe?

Were you able to use any coupons at BBB? 

• Loading the player...
  • Ours is from BRU.  No complaints from me.  Price was great and the quality has been great.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • We got our crib 50% off at Target during the baby clearance.  Which I believe is going on right now.  We used an old all wood short dresser and I just painted it white. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you have a Costco membership, try there.  I was there last week and they had a really nice looking crib set. 

• We got ours at JcPenney & love it.  When DS was born we bought a dresser for his room at JcPenney again.  The only thing is you can't see it in person before you buy it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We got ours on Amazon. We obviously couldn't see it before it we bought it, but we researched cribs and that in the baby bargains book, and are very happy with our decision.
  • imagebroncoalum97:
    We got ours at JcPenney & love it.  When DS was born we bought a dresser for his room at JcPenney again.  The only thing is you can't see it in person before you buy it.

Which one did you get?  There's a set that I love on their website (the "Tori" package), but DH is pretty adamant about being able to see it in person beforehand to make sure that the quality is decent.

• We got the crib and dresser (turned into changing table for the time being!) at IKEA. The crib, while basic, does everything it needs to do including change into a toddler bed. The dresser is a dresser for an adults bedroom, but is a GREAT piece of furniture and we added a changing pad to the top to act as a changing table. Our rocker came from BBB and we got it discounted due to it being a floor sample... Just cleaned it up really well and multiple times before the baby came. Another really great place to check is Burlington Coat Factory (I know there is one up at Great Lakes)... They also have coupons in alot of baby magazines. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you have time before you need it, keep an eye on Craigslist. I got crib, dresser that is a changing table, and dresser for my sons room for only $300 and it looked brand new! It did take a good 3 months of waiting/looking on Craigslist to pop up. Then I got pregnant right away, needed a whole other set for my daughter's room (they are 14 months apart), and found another set and two bookshelves for again only $340. You'd be surprised at some trash that people try to sell on Craigslist, but if you have the time and patience, you can get great deals.
  • We bought ours from House of Bedroom Kids. Yolanda was fabulous and the furniture is beautiful.
    "And I know that we can be so amazing And baby your love is gonna change me And now I can see every possibility Somehow I know that it
  • imageJBE811:

imagebroncoalum97:
    We got ours at JcPenney & love it.  When DS was born we bought a dresser for his room at JcPenney again.  The only thing is you can't see it in person before you buy it.

Which one did you get?  There's a set that I love on their website (the "Tori" package), but DH is pretty adamant about being able to see it in person beforehand to make sure that the quality is decent.

Unfortunately none of my items are sold anymore, since it was 4 yrs ago I bought everything, I couldn't even buy the same dresser for DS since they always change styles, etc.  But the quality of our crib (has been used for 4 straight yrs now & still going strong), dressers & changing table are great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We got our crib and set from JCPenney and LOVE it also! We have the Tori in espresso. The color and quality is gorgeous, and the price was very reasonable. We got it during a sale with free shipping to the store and an extra 20% off. Would highly recommend it! Google "JCPenney Coupon code" for free shipping and 30% off coupons. 

• I got my set from walmart - using site to store shipping! I love it, but it was a risk...sight unseen. I read a ton of reviews. It was under 300 for all three pieces.https://www.walmart.com/ip/Babymod-Ava-3-Piece-Nursery-Set-Cherry/16784334
  • We got ours from babies r us. I hate to say it- but when it comes to furniture- you get what you pay for. We only bought our crib from there- we got our changing table/dresser on craigslist, slightly used. & a cubby shelf from ikea for toy storage. I say if you have to sacrifice- do it that way. The crib was most important to us, we bought ours in white so it would be easy to find other furniture to go with. We have the europa baby palisades crib in white- I think after coupon we paid around $275
  • We bought the cribs from BRU and dressers from The Land of Nod.  Looking back, I think we should have bought dressers used, maybe even refinished some.  The ones we have are fantastic quality, were the dimensions we wanted in order to fit as much storage as possible into a little room, and even have some safety features (only one drawer can be open at a time to prevent tipping).  However, I think the quality is overkill.  I thought if I bought used I didn't really know if the paint was safe, if it was clean enough...stupid stuff that only a hormonal newbie mom would worry about.  I stand by our crib choice, though.  :)
  • We got ours used from Craigs List and we love it.

• imageJBE811:

imagefirewife9278:
    No help here, since we bought our furniture at BBB ... I've heard Ikea, maybe?

Were you able to use any coupons at BBB? 

I can answer for firewife b/c we got the exact same furniture set!  Smile

But yes--you can use coupons, and the employees there actually encourage it.  We were able to use a 20% off coupon on EACH item we bought--even the Dutalier glider, which clearly says on the coupon for that brand you only get 10%...the guy said, "eh, I've always given the full 20..."  Um, ok!

All you have to do is go to their website and sign up to be on their mailing list.  Have your friends and family do that too--you'll get a 20% off coupon emailed to you.  I know I personally have several email accounts (work, home, school) and so does DH so we were able to get all the coupons we needed ourselves.

I realize this response comes about a month after your original post but hopefully this helps someone!

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"