January 2011 Moms
Options

Newbie Intro

Hi everyone! I usually lurk but finally decided to join in:) DS was born 1/8/11. And we just found out we are expecting baby #2 in October. We are very excited! I have a  quick question for the moms whos LOs have transitioned to one nap a day.  DS has been fighting both naps. Some days it can take more than an hour to get him down and even then he sleeps for only 25-30 mins. When/how did you know it was time to transition from 2 to 1 nap?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Newbie Intro

• Options

Welcome and congrats on your new LO. We are expecting our 3rd in October as well.

In answer to your nap question. I would say that he is ready for 1 nap. If he's fighting it for an hour and only sleeping a half hour I'd go down to one nap.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageffejsGirl:

Welcome and congrats on your new LO. We are expecting our 3rd in October as well.

In answer to your nap question. I would say that he is ready for 1 nap. If he's fighting it for an hour and only sleeping a half hour I'd go down to one nap.

gotta agree. p's 2 naps were soo consistent up until abogout 1-2 mns ago & then he started doing exactly what yours is or every few days he'd sleep well for 2 & then go back to fighting us for the next several days. i thought he was transitioning so i started putting him down later to see if just 1 would do the trick & then he'd only sleep for an hour or so! it was so frustrating but i think we've finally got it worked out. in the last week he all of the sudden slept for 2-2.5hrs a few days in a row so it seems like he's getting in a pattern at last. hope your little one figures it out soon & congrats on #2!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome!! And I agree with the other ladies about naps. He sounds like he's ready for one. And congrats on baby #2!
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!!  I have to agree with everyone else that your LO is ready for 1 nap a day.  Instead of fighting to get him to sleep for that hour I would just let him keep playing and try to keep him entertained for a couple more hours until you start to really see those sleep cues. 
  • Options

Congrats on your new LO! I'm expecting in September!

JT was doing the same thing -- so I was giving him only 1 nap (usually an hour long, sometimes a tiny bit more). But then the past 2 days he took another 30 minute nap so I'm not sure if he's totally ready.

I wish I could get my kid to take a 2 hour nap consistently!!! I would even take just 1 if I could get that!!!! 

• Options

Welcome and congrats on baby #2!

I'm by no means a great resource on naps, but I've been fighting with DD to take naps for a while. Yesterday I ended up putting her down an hour later than usual and she fell asleep in 3 minutes (instead of 30 to 60 minutes) and slept for close to 2 hours. Then she even took a short second nap later in the day when we went for a walk. Try it for a few days and see how it goes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi, and welcome!  DD1 was born on 1/9, so our LOs are only a day apart! Congrats on your BFP. I am due with DD2 in June.

DD is still on two naps, sometimes 3, but she *really* enjoys her sleep.

• Options

Welcome!!! 

My LO transitioned to one nap a day about a month ago and it is great because he usually takes a 2-2.5 hour nap it is usually earlier in the day and he is crabby by about 5pm.  With me working 8-5 that means I get about half an hour of good awake time at home in the mornings before either taking him to grandma's or leaving him home with dad and then 2-3 hours of a crabby kid in the evenings.  He usually goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up around 6:30am.

Congrats on baby #2!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"