January 2011 Moms

Can lo open the door?

Jay's crib is close to his door right now and he can reach the door knob. Earlier this week he opened his door. I was shocked.

Is everyone else doing this?

Re: Can lo open the door?

• I don't think I've ever let her touch a door handle, come to think of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMarSamWhitney:

I don't think I've ever let her touch a door handle, come to think of it.

Jay can reach all the door knobs in our house. But the only one he has opened so far was his bedrooms.

• imageRosieBcheeks98:
    Yes

How long has he been able to do it?

• I really dont think she can reach it, or has thought about it. Thats fine by me!

• imagejcole32444:

imageRosieBcheeks98:
    Yes

Oh crap about 8 months I believe. His crib was also by the door. Between that and the light we had to move his crib.

Everytime we went in/out we practiced opening/ closing doors.  

• E is just starting to stand up on her toes and trying to reach the handles but she's not quite tall enough to get enough of a grip to turn them yet.
  • p's tall so he's been able to reach a door handle for a while now but up until recently he hasn't really been interested in them. the past two weeks or so he's constantly opening cabinet doors (we're renting so we havent baby proofed them) and then this morning he touched a hot pan on the stove...we're in trouble! it's probably only a matter of time before he realizes the doors are fun to open

• imageRosieBcheeks98:
    imagejcole32444:

imageRosieBcheeks98:
    Yes

Oh crap about 8 months I believe. His crib was also by the door. Between that and the light we had to move his crib.

Everytime we went in/out we practiced opening/ closing doors.  

This since about 10 or 11 months when she was climbing on things she could reach the doors and turn the knob. But we have door locks on all the doors except the bathroom so Aiden can go potty on his own.

• Lucian can reach doorknobs, but he hasn't figured them out yet. I'm sure it'll only be another month or better before he turns one and we have to babyproof them. He already opens every cabinet he can touch.

BTW, the plastic links that come with a lot of baby toys are GREAT for keeping cabinet doors closed! The knobs on the lower cabinets in our house are close together so we only need one link per two knobs.

• He can at my Nanny's. She has those fancy long ones, not the round ones and he opens them constantly. 
  • Yeah, he has been able to for a while now. We have those doorknob covers and a foam wedge thing that we put on the door to stop it from closing on his hand.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Some of our doors fit the doorways poorly and she can often open those from the bottom. There is a closet door next to her crib and if the door isn't closed really well she can open it. I don't think she's managed to turn the knob yet though. She also hasn't taken an interest in the other knobs just yet. I really hope I didn't just jinx this. I'm fine with her ignoring door knobs for a good long while.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"