April 2011 Moms

The Lunch Police

https://www.39online.com/entertainment/onlinedish/kiah-online-dish-preschoolers-lunch-confiscated-for-being-unhealthy-story,0,2109598.story

sorry I can't make it clicky on a Mac :(

This lunch was perfectly fine. Even more so considering the little girl only ate 3 chicken nuggets from the meal she was forced to eat. Big Brother is going a little overboard in my opinion. 

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: The Lunch Police

• That sounds like pretty much every lunch I took to school growing up.  This is crazy!  I don't understand how they can tell us what our kids should be eating.  It's not like this girls lunch consisted of Twinkies, chips and soda.  Hello Big Brother.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• That's crazy!  I can't believe somebody inspects the lunches!  I would be pissed if that was my kid.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • They should have just given her a carton of milk.
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • What if your religion/ethics requires you to be vegetarian? If they can't tell that a turkey sandwich is healthier than chicken nuggets, I wouldn't trust them to know what foods might be packed in a vegetarian kid's lunch. Sheesh.
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageScout2005:

I'm totally befuddle by that story. Never mind that her lunch was healthy enough as it is, I really don't know that I think schools should be allowed to toss food provided by the parents without at least a phone call home to talk it over.

And yes, I know schools are busy and overworked and don't have time to do something like that for every kid, but this is serious overstepping and I would have been really mad if I were her parents. 

The parents now have to pay $1.25 for her new lunch! If you are forcing a child to throw away their healthy lunch the parents deserve a phone call so they can tell the school how stupid they are being! This little girl's lunch is what I ate all the time for lunch growing up. I was never anywhere near being overweight, if this is what the school is concerned about.

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageams8099:
    They should have just given her a carton of milk.

Agreed, but honestly, does cheese not count as a dairy product anymore? There was cheese on her sandwich. She had 2 pieces of fruit, which is supposedly ok (in place of a veggie. I can't figure out what was unacceptable about her lunch!!

And even if Mom did send a twinkie and a coke, it's NOT. THEIR. BUSINESS. As a PP said, it's one thing to "suggest" and "educate", but it's another thing to police sack lunches. Ridiculous. 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageSarahL77:

imageams8099:

Agreed, but honestly, does cheese not count as a dairy product anymore? There was cheese on her sandwich. She had 2 pieces of fruit, which is supposedly ok (in place of a veggie. I can't figure out what was unacceptable about her lunch!!

And even if Mom did send a twinkie and a coke, it's NOT. THEIR. BUSINESS. As a PP said, it's one thing to "suggest" and "educate", but it's another thing to police sack lunches. Ridiculous. 

Especially when in some states, ketchup is considered a veggie! 

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageams8099:
    imageSarahL77:

imageams8099:

Especially when in some states, ketchup is considered a veggie! 

Bahahahaaaa!!!

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• If this is the situation when my son is in school, i'm homeschooling. Angry

And FWIW, that is pretty much my daily lunch! haha 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"