Minnesota Babies

Testing Rollercoaster

LH surge 1/31

2/10: First Negative- not too disappointed because I tested too early, whoops!

2/14: Negative- disappointed, hoping for a sweet Valentines Day story.

2/15: Not willing to accept I wasn't pregnant based on how I felt, and got my BFP!!!!! Whoohoo!!!

2/16: Called clinic #1 they don't want to see me until 9 wks and don't do an ultrasound until 12 weeks, not super happy with this but I scheduled an appointment anyways before calling clinic #2, who asked me "Can you come in to take a confirmation test this afternoon?" 

Heck, yeah!

Confirmation test = negative --> (the very sweet) midwife tells me that unfortunately 50-70% of pregnancy are only chemical --> Blood work just to make sure because apparently hcg levels in your urine dip in the afternoon (???)--> Me crying on my way home and spending $70 at target on junk food and pregnancy tests...only to get a phone call from the midwife while I am swiping my debit card "After your test sat an hour it appears to be very faintly positive and you hcg came back...they are low so there is a possibility that you are very newly pregnant. You should come back on Sunday or Monday to have your blood drawn again."

For real?! Anyone else experience a testing rollercoaster like this??? It's killing me.

Re: Testing Rollercoaster

• What were your levels? Did you take another home pregnancy test? Is it positive within the time frame it states on the box? I hope it all works out for you.
  • I think the midwife said my hcg level was 29. I will go back Monday morning to have it drawn again.

I also took another at-home pregnancy test tonight around 8:30 PM and it was negative...I plan to test again right away in the morning when my hcg levels are suppose to be the highest. So we'll see...

• Loading the player...
  • imagesoftskate31:
    With my first pregnancy i got a faint faint line at 16dpo and by 18dpo it was negative and i started bleeding...it was a chemical pregnancy. With my second pregnancy i had faint positives early, went to the OB (they wanted to do a test b/c of what happejned prior) it was negative at the office on a friday, went home pissed b/c the frer's and digi were still positivge. Went back to doc on monday and got a faint positive there, blood draw was 64. Went back on wednesday and blood was 149. I had my DD 8 months later. GL!

Thanks for sharing your story. I just went in to have my second blood draw today...I still haven't gotten my period, so I'm hopefully. I've always known there was a higher risk of miscarriage during the first trimester but I didn't realize how common chemical pregnancies were.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"