Military Families

summer training and due date

I'm new to this board.  I'm an army national guard wife.  My husband is scheduled to be at summer training out of state from August 4-18.  My due date is August 16th.  If I go into labor while he is at summer training, would the military fly him home?

Thanks!

imageMake a pregnancy ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: summer training and due date

• Has he talked to his unit about doing a home station AT? I know a few people who have done that.

CJ 05/29/2013

• That is a question for your husbands command. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLace&Josh:
    That is a question for your husbands command. 

THIS. Every command/unit is different. My husband is currently overseas and would be able to fly home immediately if something were to happen to me, but his unit is extremely flexible. I know most others aren't so much.

• Like BLT said, he needs to talk to his command about either doing home station AT or seeing if he can get into a class somewhere.  Any leadership course or class can count as his AT time.  CLS is about the easiest to find a slot for if he hasn't taken that yet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks so much for this information!  He has drill this weekend, and since his last drill date we have now have a definite due date, he will be talking to his unit about it.

• Found out this is not a regular training ... they are getting ready for deployment so he can't go do another summer camp... I'm a teacher and decided not to start the school year in order to rest and hope that DH will be there for the delivery. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"