South Jersey Babies
Options

What hospital did you/will you deliver at?

Just curious to see where everyone is getting care! 
imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

Re: What hospital did you/will you deliver at?

• Options
    I delivered at the new Virtua Voorhees.  The labor & delivery nurses were awesome...the postpartum nurses left a lot to be desired and I wanted to shank the lactation consultants.  I'll deliver there again though because I love my OB office.  The facilities were beautiful and comfortable though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Virtua Voorhees, I hear it's *the* place to have a baby!

My best friend also recently delivered there and had a very positive experience with the postpartum nurses & lactation consultants. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Virtua Mt. Holly.  This will be my second delivery there.  No complaints at all. I adored all of my nurses except one, and she was only there as we were leaving anyway.  I only saw a lactation consultant briefly because, when she popped her head in, my son was nursing and I told her we had no issues, so she left me alone :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I delivered at Shore Memorial with Atlantic cape Ob/gyn in 2008 with my soon to be 4 yr old son. I just found out that I am expecting my second child in October, but this time I will be delivering at Atlanticare regional Medical center mainland devision in Absecon.

"Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it."

• Options

Kennedy Washington Twp -- all 3 times!

I loved it! At the time it had the newest maternity ward -- Virtua Voorhees has since passed them -- but I had the option between Kennedy & Virtua and picked Kennedy every time.

All of my nurses were great and so was the lactation consultant. I had to have a STAT CT scan w/contrast 24 hrs after delivering Cate and the consultant came and spent over an hour with me going over ways to keep up my supply so we could get back on track with EBFing after the dye was out of my system. The nurses were also VERY pro-BFing and my night nurse (same both nights) was so awesome -- she BFd both of her kids and she was great at helping me get the latch down. I called her in almost everytime the baby was ready to eat and she was so helpful!

I will say, if I had a high risk pregnancy I would have gone to Virtua. I was lucky that all of my deliveries were very "normal" with the only complications being with me and not the baby. 

• Options
    I'll be delivering at Virtua Voorhees in April. I worked for Virtua Mt Holly/Voorhees years ago. Looking forward to delivering in the new hospital. 
  • Options
    I was just wondering for you ladies who delivered at Virtua - did any of you have a natural birth and if so was the staff supportive? That is what I'm planning for, but I hear Virtua is better at following medical protocols than anything... (ie, quick to give inductions, encouraging epidurals, etc...). I'm considering Elmer Hospital which I hear is great in supportive natural births and am also considering Penn Hospital which has a "Birthing Suite". Any thoughts on any of those places??
  • Options
    I delivered at Penn and will deliver there this time, too. I guess I'm the only one who ventured over the bridge! 
    imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

• Options
    I delivered first DD at the old Virtua Voorhess, I will be having my next DD in April at the new VV, I loved everything about the nurses, staff and LC's. 
  • Options

I didn't find the nursing staff at Virtua to be pushy at all.  I was induced because I was a week late and I labored for 18+ hours and never felt rushed. 

Are you having a midwife or OB overseeing your care?  They'll probably be able to tell you which hospital is more natural friendly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delivered at Virtua memorial in Mt Holly and had a great experience. I was induced due to hypertension with pitocin and labored for 6 hours. The nurses were great, both l&d and pp. I had a really hard time with bfing and the lactation consult Trish there was amazing. I'm pretty sure I would have given up if it wasn't for her encouragement. I would highly recommend delivering there.
  • Options
    The nursing staff at Mt Holly was very supportive of a natural birth.  I just told them in the beginning that I didn't want an epi and if I decided I wanted one, I would ask for it.  They never mentioned it again, and nothing unwanted was ever pushed on us.  They let me move around as I wished and I would have been able to labor in the tub if my water hadn't already broken.  I had the lights off in the room and music on.  My nurse was very non-intrusive when she came in to check the monitor or check me.   In the end, it's really your OB who will be most supportive of a natural birth plan.  Talk to her and see how she typically handles it in a hospital setting.  But, from my experience, they were very laid back and took their cues about what we wanted from us. 

• Options
    I'll be delivering my first baby at Virtua Voorhees :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm delivering my first at Virtua Voorhees this April. I've had 2 friends deliver there recently and have heard good things about the nurses, lactation consultants, etc. I only believe there was 1 nurse in the Mother/Baby unit that my friend wasn't a fan of but she said everyone else was fantastic so it more than made up for it.

One of them had a c-section because the baby couldn't fit through her pelvis but the other delivered naturally and said she was offered an epidural but told she didn't really need it. 

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Options
    I will be delivering at Cooper Hospital in Camden in April.. So far all of my care has been wonderful there. Family and friends who have delivered there had postive experiences.
  • Options
    I'm having my first and will be delivering at the new Virtua Voorhees..I've had a couple girlfriends deliver there in the past few months and they loved it so I'm excited!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I delivered at Kennedy in Washington Township.  I have no complaints and will probably deliver there again with baby number 2.
  • Options
    I delivered at Cooper and only have wonderful things to say!  My L&D nurse was FANTASTIC.  My postpartum nurses were awesome!  WONDERFUL experience.  Cooper encouraged skin to skin contact with the baby immediately and for hours after delivery.  It was great!  Also, if anyone is looking for a lactation consultant - Cooper has free breastfeeding support groups and the consultant, Joann, is the best! You don't have to have delivered at Cooper to use them. Good luck and happy, healthy babies to everyone!
  • Options
    Robert Wood Johnson in Hamilton
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSgt M's Wife:
    I delivered at the new Virtua Voorhees.  The labor & delivery nurses were awesome...the postpartum nurses left a lot to be desired and I wanted to shank the lactation consultants.  I'll deliver there again though because I love my OB office.  The facilities were beautiful and comfortable though.

Same, the LC were totally scary and made BF much worse then it should have been  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"