Upstate NY Babies
Options

Spiders

Do you freak about spiders?

I found one in R's room when he was getting ready for bed. I hid my freak out from him and stepped on it, but then was super distracted while reading books..... doing the whole room check. I hate thinking what would happen if I didn't see it, yuck. I know I never could see them all but still.

Why do the exist, I hate them! I wish there was a proven device to keep them away. Anyone think those plug in things (ulta sonic or whatever) work? Maybe a coincidence but I have one in my basement and have not had a mouse yet this year. We usually have a couple (yes, even with 3 cats) down there that we catch every year, although it could be the mild weather too. 

I do spray the Home Defense 2x a year outside, but don't really want to spray the bedrooms. 

Re: Spiders

• Options
    I agree, spiders are my worst creep out bug. That and those centipedes! When B was 6 months old she was bit by a spider 3 times. We bought those plug ins and ::knock on wood:: I've only seen one since then!! We have them on each floor. I do think the mild weather does bring them out. Ick. Creepy little things.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Options

I don't TOTALLY freak about them, unless they are especially big and/or ugly, or they are above my head.. I HATE when they are above my head. I don't like to kill them if they're above my head cuz I'm afraid they'll fall on my head.

Awhile back, Jeff went away for the weekend.. and of course THAT night of all nights there is a spider directly above my bed. So I tried to smack it with my shoe.. Then it fell ON my bed.. So I screamed and threw the shoe at it.. and then it vanished. Needless to say, I slept on the couch that night.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They don't really freak me out- especially after living in Hawaii and having gigantic cockroaches everywhere! We have a no kill rule for spiders in our house- as long as they stay away from us. They eat other bugs and if you kill them- it rains! (my mom always used to say that- obviously it's an old wives tale, haha)
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:
    They don't really freak me out- especially after living in Hawaii and having gigantic cockroaches everywhere! We have a no kill rule for spiders in our house- as long as they stay away from us. They eat other bugs and if you kill them- it rains! (my mom always used to say that- obviously it's an old wives tale, haha)

Cockroaches???  Seriously?  I would DIE!!  ICK! 

Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"