Oregon Babies
Options

Tell me your favorite places in portland/oregon!

I have 2 friends that just moved to the clackamas area and are completely new to Oregon. I am making them a list of our favorite places in Portland and just in oregon in general... so ladies tell me, what are your favorite restaurants, places to visit, things to do... anything!

It doesn't have to just be in Portland either- like I have beach stuff, timberline, edgefield mcmenamins, crown point... so I will take anything!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tell me your favorite places in portland/oregon!

• Options
    Seriously, 29 views and not one of you have a favorite restaurant, place to go or anything?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Marrakesh is a fun place to eat if your into moroccan food and eating with your hands.  Delicious food too!

Also, my very, very favorite place to eat in Portland is Andina's.  Unless you sit at the bar you'll probably need a reservation.  If your friends drink I have a drink recommendation from Aindina's---they have a drink that I LOVE called Sacsayuman er sexy woman--something like that.  It's a.m.a.z.i.n.g!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone should eat at Beast at least once.  The dinner is incredible, but the brunch is good if you are on a budget.  Definitely do the wine pairings!  
  • Options

first thing is first....go downtown portland to Nw and 23rd st. the best little vintage shops, coffee shops,bars and restaurants. next place to go is SW naito Pkwy & SW Salmon st. : to the Salmon Street Spring Fountain< bring ur swim wear. good for a hot day in the sun. 

and so far that's all my pregnancy brain can remember.

• Options
    Agreed - the Beast! It's a bit pricey, but the strawberry mousse in the summer is to die for!
  • Options

I've heard about Screen Door for brunch, though I've never been there myself. Supposedly you've got to try out the chicken and waffles. Personally, I've got a sweet tooth, so I go to Papa Hadyn for desserts. 

• Options

Oregon Zoo

Children's Museum 

OMSI

Japanese Gardens/Rose Gardens/Piddock Mansion/Washington Park

Columbia Gorge-Multnomah Falls, any of the falls, Beacon Rock, Bonneville Dam, Hood River Fruit Loop and Train Ride

Silver Falls

Oregon Garden

Hawthorne District ( I love Fat Straw's vegan blended boba tea and there's a wonderful Korean restaurant-lots of great restaurants really)

NW 23 and the Pearl District

POWELL'S BOOKS

Oregon Symphony

Springwater Trail

Newport Aquarium (Cafe Mundo in Newport is lovely)

Cannon Beach (sandcastle competition is fun)

Seaside - any beach really...

Bend has a whole host of good stuff within a couple hours too.  

New Season's Markets are awesome

IKEA? LOL

I'm trying to think of more... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Any farmers markets in the spring/summer/fall are great places to go to get fresh fruits and veggies and support local small business's and artisans. Most markets have live music and free samples. Free fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options

We love Andina and Paragon in The Pearl. 

Get to Hood River! It's about 60 miles east on 84, do some waterfall walks along the old highway and in Hood River eat at Brian's Pourhouse or Celilo! Great shopping, kiting and wine! We live here for a reason!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"