Military Families

Any FRG leaders?

I was asked to become the FRG leader and we are having our first meeting next week. I am a little bit nervous since I don't really know what the heck I am doing and I hate to ask a million questions. Any tips? What did you guys normally discuss at your first meeting?

Oh and if you don't mind I have a few more questions too! Thank you :)

Re: Any FRG leaders?

• First meetings are easy. Introduce yourself, introduce chain of command. Talk about what an FRG is/does. Discuss other positions (key callers, etc.). Let chain of command discuss timeline for upcoming events. Send around a sheet of paper so spouses can give you name, phone, email, and whether they would like to volunteer. Ask for suggestions about events they would like to do. That's pretty much it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! Do you usually send out information to the CO & XO's family too?
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes; and make friends with them. They are often "in the loop" and can help you navigate the in's and out's of everything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well our CO is not married but I guess that would be a good idea! Thank you
  • SOrry I am responding sooo late to this! If you need any help- let me know! I was an FRG leader last deployment (while preggo with my second kiddo) and am FRG leader going into this deployment (preggo with #3)... My email is hais_mommy@yahoo.com!

Brenna

It was all worth it! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"