Parenting after 35

Work vent

So as happy as I am to have a job and having DH and I get back up on our feet, I really hate the job I have.  I know I shouldn't complain but I am just so frustrated with the lack of communication and work standards that they have.

They have work instruction on how you are supposed to complete each job, but the majority of the time when I try to complete a job using that, the guy who is training me tells me to do otherwise.

Today he nearly caused me to make 2 very big mistakes, that could have got me in a lot of trouble and maybe even cost me my job.  Thank god I have a a fair bit of common sense so when I didn't think things sounded quite right I asked someone else. 

I have only been working in this area for 2.5 weeks, and I have found so many discrepancies that are causing quality issues and people who have been doing this job for a long time (one guy has worked at this job fo 39yrs) are just completely complacent about.  We make parts for aircraft, air to air missle system, health care and many other things, so peoples' lives are truly depending on us making quality parts so it just boggles my mind how they can not give a crap if things are done right or not.  I know the job doesn't pay that well, but you have the choice to work there and do what is necessary or quit and find something else. 

Thanks for letting me vent!!

Re: Work vent

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"