October 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone have Morning Sickness before your BFP?

just curious.. usually i don't get m/s til about a week or so after I find out for sure, but I've been queasy for 2 days.(still have 5 days to wait). So just wondering if i could have m/s or just the flu.

Re: Anyone have Morning Sickness before your BFP?

• Options

With my first pregnancy I had m/s before my BFP.  That's actually why I had decided to test.  

With his BFP I had increased appetite and exhaustion both before the BFP. 

BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• Options

I hear flu can cause it, an impending AF can cause it too. I have never had it before a BFP.  But every woman is different :)   

I have read at what to expect website that m/s is brougt on by the surge of hormones you body produces to protect the embryo. If you take a prenatal right now, that can cause you to get sick due to the iron.  GL and let us know when you test!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was only 3 weeks and 5 days when I was feeling really sick.  That's what made me take the test!  Almost 7 weeks now and still hasn't gotten any better Tongue Tied

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • Options
    YogiK, it is rude to say something is imagined just because their symptoms are different from ones you have experienced. With my daughter my first sign was very strange rather intense cramps/sensations at about 4DPO. I remember it kept me up for most of the night, and was super unusual as I rarely even got menstrual cramps before that. A few days later I started having mild morning sickness, sensitivity to smells almost a whole week before I was able to get a BFP. I told DH how I was feeling, and he asked a friend of his in the medical field about it. The friend told him no way anyone could get symptoms so early, but he turned out to be wrong. The m/s did kind of come and go between weeks 4-6 but that may have been because my progesterone levels were really low until I started supplementing them. I asked my midwife about it, and she said that there is still a lot they don't know about how and when all the different hormones start affecting you.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    With my son I didn't get MS until around 6 weeks or so, but a couple days before I tested myself I was feeling nauseous.  It comes and goes now, just this icky feeling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I felt nauseous before all 3 of my babies before I found out. I get sick when I ovulate which can happen to women who are more sensitive to surges of hormones. Your hormones change when your body releases an egg. It would go away a week later but I always thought I was pregnant and would test and get a BFN. Then 2 weeks later I had a BFP! Everyone is different and I think you have to watch for patterns in your own body. It pissed me off when ppl would say you cant possibly feel sick before 6 weeks because that's not true. With my daughter I was throwing up at 4.5 weeks and I didn't have the flu. I continued to be sick for the whole 9 months so I wasn't making it up!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageYogiKC0519:

imagegarnet10:
    YogiK, it is rude to say something is imagined just because their symptoms are different from ones you have experienced. With my daughter my first sign was very strange rather intense cramps/sensations at about 4DPO. I remember it kept me up for most of the night, and was super unusual as I rarely even got menstrual cramps before that. A few days later I started having mild morning sickness, sensitivity to smells almost a whole week before I was able to get a BFP. I told DH how I was feeling, and he asked a friend of his in the medical field about it. The friend told him no way anyone could get symptoms so early, but he turned out to be wrong. The m/s did kind of come and go between weeks 4-6 but that may have been because my progesterone levels were really low until I started supplementing them. I asked my midwife about it, and she said that there is still a lot they don't know about how and when all the different hormones start affecting you.

Just stating my opinion. You were most likely not feeling pregnancy symptoms at 4dpo. The embryo has yet to implant at 4dpo and there is no way you can feel pregnancy symptoms. Those are called phantom symptoms. That is all I was trying to say, what you are experiencing are most likely phantom symptoms. I had them all throughout my 2ww and it had me agonizing over whether or not I was pregnant. I ended up getting my bfp, but I definitely don't attribute my symptoms I had at 5 or 6dpo to actually being pregnant. It was me thinking way too much into what I was feeling and saying that "could" be pregnancy related.

Once again, good luck and I hope you get your bfp.

Edit: wording

Yogi isn't far off the boat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_students'_disease - Not that we're med students, but when you spend so much time reading/learning about/studying the TTC process and associated symptoms with early pregnancy....

Yes, I know wikipedia isn't exactly a legit source, but thats the first thing that popped up for me. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageYogiKC0519:

This may sound rude but I honestly think that most people who get m/s before the bfp are wanting to be pregnant so bad that they are probably imagining it. It is called a phantom symptom, something that is pretty much in your mind that you attribute to possibility of being pregnant. If you are 5 days before it is likely the embryo has yet to implant (or just implanted) and is not even producing the hormones that trigger most symptoms.

I just got the nauseous feeling today at 6 weeks and I still feel like it might be in my head because I want to feel that symptom so much.

I know some women do get m/s early in pregnancy but I have not heard about getting it 5 days before a positive test...

Either way, good luck!

Although I stated about that I had morning sickness before my BFP with my first pregnancy I should have been more clear that I was almost 5 weeks pregnant when I did finally take a test and I wasn't charting so I didn't know about the 2WW and had no idea that I was pregnant at the time.

With this pregnancy and the exhaustion I started feeling around 7DPO which around when implantation occurs, so although it may be a phantom symptom, I legitimately have been exhausted whether it relates to pregnancy or not.  I should have been more clean because I do agree that a lot of times they are thing we make up because we want to be pregnant so bad.

With that said, it is flu season.  

BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• Options

Believe me I totally understand placebo effect. I also know how I personally react to things and my personal situation. At the time I had been charting to avoid pregnancy for about 2 years. I was beyond familiar with how my body usually reacted throughout my cycle. I did want to become pregnant the entire time but we were avoiding for school/financial reasons. Had I been prone to phantom symptoms they would have been strongest when I was newest to charting. The cycle we conceived was after we decided to not try to prevent but not actively try either. We didn't have particularly good timing. I wasn't expecting we would, but it was a remote possibility. The twinges and cramping I felt were completely different than anything I had felt before or even since my daughters birth. I never got ovulation pains, very mild PMS symptoms. I rarely get side effects when I take medications, etc. At the time I just thought it was really weird and "knew" it was too early to be related to anything. But when got persistent nausea a few days later I became more suspicious.

Also there are some people who get nauseous at the thought of having eaten something gross and for all kinds of psychosomatic reasons. I have a super strong stomach and have only ever gotten nauseous while pregnant, on a boat, after drinking, or with a full blown stomach flu. So for me personally any nasuea that is not connected to something obvious is super unusual. If it persists for multiple days it gets my attentions for sure.

Not the majority, but a significant number of women do experience super early symptoms. I have talked to my own midwives about this and she has told me there is a ton that they don't know about the very earliest stages of pregnancy, particularly from the hormonal side. I'm not telling you to take my experience as bible truth. But just because it doesn't make sense according to your understanding of how things happen, does not mean it's made up.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    With my daughter, 2nd pregnancy, I have a lot of nausea before AF was even due. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"