New to The Bump
Options

To Be Or Not To Be...

Hey There Ladies,

I'm new to this portion of The Knot and I guess I just needed to vent a little bit about all the pent up emotion I have inside regarding my pregnancy...situation.

I never thought that I wanted to have kids of my own. I have a 5 yr old step-son and making another baby right now just doesn't seem convenient or ideal, especially since my husband and I have only been married for about 5 months. But, the last couple of weeks I've been feeling extremely pregnant.

I'm on the Mirena IUD and have read that there is only an 8 in 1000 chance of getting pregnant with it inside of you. But, I have also read a number of different pregnancy forums and relate to the symptoms quite well. My husband, having gone through this before, thinks he knows my body well enough to know i'm pregnant.

For the last 1.5-2 weeks I've had headaches every day, nausea and upset stomach all morning until about 1 p.m., heightened sense of smell, on and off sore breasts, excess gas, extremely tired, and beyond emotional. Plus, I have craving things that I NEVER eat. 2 days in a row now Ive wanted hot dogs and jello. I'm definitely having cramping and some "pressure" on my back end. I randomly smelled tuna in my car today and I wanted to throw up. Yesterday, my own driving made me dizzy.

I have an appt with my OBGYN on Friday and I'm so anxious... Either way I'll be slightly disappointed and yet happy. It just seems like the answer is so far away... 

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...

• Options
    Have you tested with a home pregnancy test?
  • Options

A few things

Don't rely on a forum of Internet strangers

Don't rely on what your husband of 5 months thinks he knows

Why haven't you taken a home pregnancy test??? You should NOT be pregnant with an IUD. Test now.

Are you even late for your period?

PMS symptoms and pregnancy symptoms can be very, very similar

Go to the $ store right now, and test. Then you'll know. Don't waste an ob/gyn appt on this unless you have to.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Okay wow...  I really thought that this was gonna be more encouraging...thank you for your shocking and negative responses.

FYI i HAVE taken a hpt and it was negative. After calculating it up if i am pregnant i am only a couple weeks along so there may not be enough hcg in my body for the test to pick up. I am not supposed to have my period for another couple of weeks.

It is my annual with the obg anyway and so i guess i'll be killing two birds with one stone

• Options

My response wasn't negative. I was concerned that you're pregnant with an IUD, and you left out the fact that you tested.

It's impossible to be "a couple of weeks along". They calculate pregnancy by your last menstrual period, thus giving you a couple of "free" weeks. So by the time you test positive, you're already 4 weeks along. If you have another couple of weeks until your period is due, then you're more that likely ovulating. Thus making it nearly impossible to be pregnant right now.

• Options
    According to when my period was, my most fertile days were 2/2-2/7. Thus, it is NOT impossible that I am pregnant right now.
    And I had a little bit of spotting the week before that which could've been implantation bleeding if i got pregnant directly after my period was over.
  • Options

imageqshuster:
    According to when my period was, my most fertile days were 2/2-2/7. Thus, it is NOT impossible that I am pregnant right now.

wait, what?

you were fertile the first week of this month, but your period isn't due for a "couple weeks"?    doesn't add up.   if you were fertile around lets just say 02/05.   You would get your period around (give or take a day)  02/19.    Not in a couple weeks.

imageqshuster:
    And I had a little bit of spotting the week before that which could've been implantation bleeding if i got pregnant directly after my period was over.

had spotting the week before?   Before when?  Your "fertile" time?   why would you have implantation bleeding right after your period before you are even fertile?    IF you had conceived and implanted, implantation generally happens 7-10 days after conceiving.   So... lets say you were fertile and conceived on 02/05 - Implantation would be around 02/12 to today.    THEN you would start to produced the pregnancy hormone that can cause symptoms.   So like in a couple days from today.    Not the past few weeks.

if you have enough symptoms caused by the pregnancy hormone... then there is enough hormone in your system to register on a home test.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options

staycee is wise

The spotting could be due to the fact that you have an IUD. Not to mention implantation bleeding only happens in 3% of pregnancies.

Look, I know this can be frustrating, and confusing, etc. But at this point you're just fishing for someone to tell you you're pregnant. And chances are you're not. You're likely not even ovulating on Mirena. If I had a dollar for every cycle I had all the "classic" pregnancy symptoms that just turned out to be PMS, I'd be a rich woman by now.

I just find it odd that you're surfing message boards for pg symptoms and worrying more about being ready for a child, and not totally freaking out about being pg with an IUD. Which is very, very contraindicated.

https://berlex.bayerhealthcare.com/html/products/pi/mirena_patient_insert.pdf

• Options
    Doesn't Mirena provide hormones? If so, do you still ovulate? The whole thing seems fishy to me.
  • Options

dip - I'm not temping or anything but my usual cycle used to be about 34-36 days.

my last (first pp) cycle on mirena was about 60 days.   I noticed major EWCM.  Looked at the calendar, counted my 12 day LP and estimated that if I were in fact O'ing, I would have AF right after xmas.   Yep, 12/29.    So I guess I may have O'd, just way later than before.... or my cycles are slowly getting longer and may eventually stop.

Current cycle, I'm almost 2 months out from that last AF of 12/29 - and no signs of any fertile time yet at all.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"