Upstate NY Babies
Options

C section at Bellevue in Niskayuna

Has anybody here had a c section at Bellevue. How was your experience and what should I expect? Please share your details....even the scary ones. That doesn't bother me. Much appreciated.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: C section at Bellevue in Niskayuna

• Options
    I had a scheduled c-section there in 2010.  No huge complaints.  They'll ask you what kind of music you'd like playing in the OR (I think there were 3 options).  All of the OR nurses were great.  The anesthesiologist could have had a better bedside manner.  They don't allow any pictures in the OR or the nursery.  You have to stay in recovery until you can move your legs again -- usually about an hour.  I believe if everything is ok with the baby, they'll bring him/her to the recovery room.  DS had a little fluid in his lungs, typical w/ c-section babies, so he was in the nursery a little longer.  If you'd like anymore info/details, let me know!  Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Sounds pretty straight forward. Working on a breech baby here and just preparing myself for all situations. For some reason I thought you were allowed to take pictures...not of the surgery of course but right after. Oh well. Did you get your own private room after the surgery?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My doctor had signs posted in his office that Bellevue doesn't allow pictures in the OR, in the nursery, or during the pushing/deliver portion of a traditional birth.  They may have changed that policy in the past couple of years. 

The recovery room is private w/ a curtain, but the hospital itself does not have any private rooms.  They are in the middle of a remodel and will have more private rooms in 2013 I believe.  They try to keep 1 person to a room as much as possible.  I was in a room by myself for the first 2 nights and had a roommate the 3rd night.  If you do have a roommate, your SO would not be able to stay in the room with you.  My husband slept in a waiting room the 3rd night because he didn't want to go home.  There is only 1 rocking chair per room, so if you have the room to yourself at first, have someone move it to your side :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"