LGBT Parenting

}i{ Healthy Living Check-In }i{

Where are you at this week?

QOTD: What made you choose the diet plan you are on?  If you aren't "dieting", why do you eat the way you do?

Re: }i{ Healthy Living Check-In }i{

• Yay, you put the butterflies! :) Sorry I forgot to post this again!

I'm doing well at home, but am eating a lot of celebratory/last meals out with various friends and work people, so on balance I would say badly. However, I'm not stressing about it, which is an accomplishment for me. Not working out - staying up late packing and getting things done and then sleeping too late before work the next day. Also not stressing about that.

QOTD: My calorie goal is based on metabolic testing I had done + the amount of exercise I'm doing. My overall eating strategy is based on the old Core (now called Simply Filling) version of Weight Watchers - focus on fruits and veggies and lean proteins including beans, whole wheat pasta or brown rice or other whole grain cereal once or twice a day, and limiting white/processed carbs and sugar. Obviously I don't live up to this every day BUT it is always in the back of my mind. It's very "liveable" and makes more sense to me nutritionally than other things I've tried.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've gained back all of the 5lbs I lost a couple weeks ago.  I keep contemplating exercising, even went so far as to pull out my jump rope, but that's as far as I got this week.

My eating has been bad, we haven't had much food in the house and have eaten out a lot.

My poor posture has been getting to me lately, I've been extra sore.  I need to keep reminding myself to sit up straight, not cross my legs, suck my gut in, and push my soulders back.

I'm almost transitioned to all chemical free, homemade beauty products.  I've been no pooing for about 4 months (give or take), OCMing, and using homemade toothpaste and bodywash for 4 weeks.  My last step is to make my own deodorant and order new feminine products.

QOTD:  I'm going to tackle this from a mostly vegetarian but not really point of view.  Bacon called my name, repeatedly, loudly when I was vegetarian.  I gave in to the bacon which led to giving in to sausage and pepperoni, and finally Chipotle's barbacoa, so now I eat mostly vegetarian but have a little meat here and there.  I know I shouldn't feel guilty but I do.  My diet as a vegetarian was bad, mostly carbs (always is, no matter what I eat) so I think I got bored and turned to meat for variety.  I am trying to work my way back to 100% vegetarian, I prefer it and like not feeling guilty.

• Loading the player...
  • Healthy Living? HAHAHAHA.

Last week L and I had horrible colds and existed on take out. Fast forward to this week and L has a HORRIBLE case of bronchitis, my work has been crazy (meaning I am later than normal getting the kids and we aren't getting home till 6:30+), and once again dinners have been take out. Sigh. I need a well household and sunlight when I get home.

I would chalk my lack of exercise to my lingering cough, but we all know that it is really my laziness that it stopping me.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • This week: I was really sick on Sunday for the first time in months. It started with nausea in the morning, then chills, aches and a low-grade fever. I stayed in bed all day (so much for my lovely plans of the farmers market and the vegan/gluten-free bakery with my wife). Thankfully, by Monday morning I was feeling about 80% better. This week has been super busy (55 hours of work between Tuesday-Friday), so I'm glad my new kick-ass immune system and extra supplements are doing their job. 

Diet: I'm currently vegan, whole foods, and little to no refined carbs/sugars. I eat lots of veggies and fruits, nuts and some beans/legumes, brown rice and quinoa, and some whole oatmeal on occasion. I've been doing this for nine weeks (since I finished my detox, so no meat, dairy, eggs since August) and it's going well. I'll most likely stick with it as much as possible indefinitely, with some possible exceptions for travel/special occasions. I'm currently debating reintroducing some things with ttc and/or pregnancy, but I'm still doing more research and may talk it over with my health care team (acupuncturist, naturopathic physician and maybe my family practice doc).

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm doing well.  I still have several pounds to go to get back to my goal weight, and I'd been alternating between weight-loss mode on WW (in the first couple of weeks of my cycle) and maintenance mode (during my 2ww, when it seems wrong to limit calories).  I'd really been struggling during the weight-loss weeks and getting frustrated and anxious about it, and my therapist suggested I just switch to all maintenance to take some pressure off.  It worked -- much less stress, better at staying on track, and ended up losing half a pound anyway.  I've been keeping up with my gym routine, too, so that helps.

I chose Weight Watchers because it seemed to be sustainable over the long term, effective, and sane.  It didn't require me to eat food I knew I wasn't going to like (with a chef wife, there is no way I was going to eat packaged Jenny Craig food), it didn't require me to cut anything out of my diet (South Beach wasn't sustainable for me because I love sweets and hate fake sugar), and it allowed me to cook and eat the foods I wanted.  We tend to eat in-season, not-processed food anyway, and smaller amounts of meat -- based on environmental/health concerns -- which worked well with the program once I reined in my portions and got stricter about how often I had treats.  I stuck with it because it worked, and now it's just my way of life.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"