LGBT Parenting

Tell me about your toddler's bed

If you have a child in a toddler (or other non-crib bed) bed - does he/she use a flat sheet? Does the bed have blanket that gets tucked in?

Now that DD is in a toddler bed I'm wondering if I should add a sheet or blanket that gets tucked in. My thinking is that it might help her stay in one spot.  Sort of like swaddling - will it give her the message of security and perhaps get her to stay in bed?

Thoughts? I'm desperate people - I need my sleeping child back!   Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me about your toddler's bed

• Well, my kids aren't toddlers, but are still in toddler beds. Does that count? :) FWIW - they still fit in their beds and the only option for their current room are bunk beds and I am not convinced of their safety yet.

Both have fitted sheets and copious amount of blankets. Gray likes one of his blankets tucked in so he shimmies in like he is in an "envelope'  and then piles the other blankets on top. Carter actually sleeps on the floor every night. I have no idea why - he just says he likes it better. Whatever and we don't care.  He sleeps directly on the carpet with his pillow and we pile his blankets on him.Silly kid.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • That is def worth a shot! They make toddler bed sheets that are like a fitted sheet at one end, so they stay in place.

Henry just has the fitted sheet on the mattress and small blanket that is loose. He doesnt usually like covers, so he often either ignores the blanket, or curls up holding it.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We are transitioning Owl to a toddler bed with a fitted sheet and a loose blanket.
  • imageMrs._F:
    Henry just has the fitted sheet on the mattress and small blanket that is loose. He doesnt usually like covers, so he often either ignores the blanket, or curls up holding it.
    Ditto this. GL with the sleep issues! We had two back-to-back STTN nights this week, and I can see how hard it would be to go back to non-STTN!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"