Georgia Babies
Options

Extracurricular activities and dinner ideas?

Both boys are playing ball this season, and between the two of them we are having practice 5 nights a week, which is making dinner really difficult. What does everyone else do??? Any easy dinner ideas??
Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08

Re: Extracurricular activities and dinner ideas?

• Options
    My friend makes freezer meals because she is always running around with her 4 kids. She makes 20 meals at a time. If you have the freezer space it may be worth looking into.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    What about crock pot meals?  You could put them on in the early afternoon, and they'd be ready after practice.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've gone to a Wildtree workshop for freezer meals and it has helped my meal planning a lot on busy days. It's time consuming to get all the ingredients and putting the meals together but worth it in the end. I love opening my freezer the night before and having it all put together and thawed out the next night. The only thing I needed to add to the meal was a side dish or just a salad. I think there are a lot of websites that offer ideas on what to do for your freezer meals.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The crock pot is what I would probably do. Also as you get into the spring just marinade chicken and meat in ziplocks and grill when you get home. I also do a separate veggie bag with zuchini, vidalia onion and bell peppers in big slices. marinade in italian dressing and toss on the grill with everything else. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am in the same boat with Jayke involved in two sports.  We are never home during the week.  We always grill out on the weekends and make a ton extra.  That way I just heat up the meat and microwave some veggies.  Green Giant steamers are my friend! 

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
    2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
    October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
    January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
    Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
    March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
    Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

• Options

Another trick I do is make the kids something quick easy (chicken nuggests, mac n cheese) to eat before practice and then make a real dinner for DH and I after we get home.  Then those left overs are what the kids can eat the next night for dinner. 

This time of year we hardly ever get to sit down and all eat dinner as a family but if DH and I eat late I'll fix the girls a snack to eat while we eat dinner.  The bonus part of that is they usually want whatever we're eating whereas they'd act like it was dogfood if I served it to them earlier ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"