Austin Babies
Options

Anyone else deal with growing pains?

DD gets them really bad sometimes. Last night pain in her knee woke her up and took her a while to go back to sleep. We put icy hot on it and iced it some. Is there anything else that we can do? Also is it always the same place that gets pains?  DD always has them in her right knee.

Re: Anyone else deal with growing pains?

• Options
    I am not dealing with them with G yet, but I had growing pains (leg cramps) a lot when I was your DD's age. I remember being up crying many, many nights and laying in bed while my dad massaged my legs. I remember taking warm baths to help with the pain too. I think my parents tried Bengay sometimes, but it was only a temporary relief and I would be back to hurting. My mom would also make sure I had a lot of fluid intake at night so that my body was well hydrated.
  • Options

Yes, my 3.5 year old wakes up 1 - 2 x per month complaining that his ankles / feet hurt.  It usually happens after we've had a partcularly busy / active day.

l usually try to make sure he is hydrated well and give him some motrin and massage the area until it passes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Bananas will help with the pain. Try to get her to eat at least a banana a day and it might take a week but the extra potassium will help with the cramping.

I was getting really bad shin splints and muscle aches that would keep me up for hours at night and my doc said he could give me muscle relaxers but to try the bananas first and they worked wonders. When I was pregnant I had to have at least 2 a day but it works. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"